"" Shop This: Countdown To Thanksgiving: Talking Turkey

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Countdown To Thanksgiving: Talking Turkey


When it comes to cooking a turkey, I like to mix it up each year. If you do, as well, take a peek at these yummy recipes. They are quite unique.  And for good measure I have added a few "must have" turkey tools. Always remember to add a pinch of love to whichever recipe you choose.


Herb & Butter Turkey
Tieghan calls this recipe perfection. It's simple. The only thing "fancy" about it is the use of a cheesecloth. I have used this method several times, and it works. 

Turkey Forks
Something I don't have in my kitchen. If you cook many roasts or turkeys, you need these.

Bacon Wrapped Turkey With Mustard & Tarragon Butter
First of all, the recipe calls for free range or organic turkey. I personally wouldn't eat any other kind of turkey. It's beautiful to look at, and I imagine quite juicy.

Digital Instant-Read Pen Thermometer
A necessary tool for turkey roasting! Best yet, this is on sale now at

Pastrami Style Grilled Turkey Breast
What an interesting recipe. You will need some unusual equipment, too: 
A spice mill or a mortar and pestle; a chimney starter and smoking chips. Here's hoping for a good weather day.

Bourbon Glazed Turkey 
I have done this, and it is so so good. Add another splash to the gravy and you have one special meal. The color of your bird will never look better.

Red Wine Lacquered Turkey with Cinnamon Orange Butter
I know that I have featured this recipe before, but it bears repeating. If you are looking for something different, this may be your answer. I can only imagine. Just beautiful!

Rolled Turkey Breast With Rosemary & Cranberry Stuffing
Isn't this pretty? What a lovely centerpiece to your holiday table. Just have your butcher fix it up for you and tie it. You will untie it at home and do the stuffing. 

Peach And Ginger Roast Turkey
Here's an Asian inspired recipe that is so interesting. There's soy sauce involved which plays well with ginger and peach. Yum!

Roasted Turkey With Maple Bourbon Glaze
I think I have put pure maple syrup on every turkey I have ever made. It's fabulous. Add bourbon and it just couldn't be bad.

All-Clad Stainless Steel Roasting Pan With Nonstick Rack
I have this exact same set up. It's perfect and now on sale at

Buttermilk-Brined Turkey
I have added this recipe to the roundup because of the buttermilk. I always marinate chicken breast in buttermilk, and I must say it works wonders. And though I have never brined a turkey, most professionals say the method works!

French Onion Turkey Breast
They say that your guests will swoon over this dish. It is a pretty plate. The Turkey is cooked over a bed of caramelized onions, which then becomes the base for the gravy. Boy that sounds wonderful! 


~ You May Also Love ~



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.