"" Shop This: Thanksgiving Prep: Savory Side Dishes

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Thanksgiving Prep: Savory Side Dishes

( Via: Lauren Conrad )

Here we are, less than a week from Thanksgiving! I am not hosting ( thank you, Sister) but I am cooking for eight. So this Foodie Friday is personal. After putting together this roundup, I am pretty sure that both my stuffing and sweet potatoes will have bourbon, brandy will be in the Brussels sprouts, and the cauliflower will be poached in wine. Tipsy turkey anyone? Scroll down. I know you will find something irresistible for your own Thanksgiving dinner!

Sip. Savor. Repeat. Shop the NEW Wine & Cheese Collection from Le Creuset!

HERE: 18 Special Side Dishes

Grilled Corn and Cotija Spoon Bread
Serve as an appetizer or bread course, this recipe is as cute as can be. Who doesn't love a cheesy bread?
Lauren Conrad

Crockpot Three Cheese Mashed Potatoes
I have a confession. I am a mashed potato snob. The average plain mashed just has no appeal to me. This recipe is exactly my style. And what a great way to save stovetop real estate? The addition of sage makes this super seasonal.
Half Baked Harvest  


Challah Apple Stuffing
I have no doubt that this recipe is great. Challah bread (egg bread) is always a terrific treat.
Buzzfeed


Bacon And Bourbon Stuffing
Bacon and bourbon make everything better! This recipe is included in the mix because I have never put either one in my dressing. Sounds fab!
A Beautiful Mess   


Maple Cream Sweet Potato Soup With Cheddar Cinnamon Sugar Twist
On my menu as a casual appetizer before dinner. I am serving it in small cups. Best of all it can be made 2 days ahead of time! Done.
Half Baked Harvest   


Whole-Roasted Stuffed Delicata Squash
Aren't these impressive? "The interior is a riff on a kale salad run through with croutons, dried cranberries, blue cheese and a spray of maple-scented pecans that complement the sweet flesh of the squash." A perfect main course for the vegetarian.
New York Times  


Two Potato Gratin
Here's a recipe that combines two Thanksgiving favorites. It is made with Yukon Gold (my fave) and Sweet Potatoes. It's all topped off with creamy gruyère cheese. Yum!
My Recipes 


Sweet Potato Galette with Caramelized Shallots
The best thing about a galette is the free form look.  Perfection is not necessary. 
How Sweet It is 


Green Beans With Bacon Vinaigrette
This is a refreshing dish in a sea of roasted veggies. It is fresh and colorful.
Real Simple 

Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower with Fried Tarragon
I have always heard that cauliflower is delicious mashed. The fried tarragon will add terrific texture and a depth of flavor
Gluten Free Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
These little muffins are studded with jalapenos. This is a fun option for the gluten free guests.
Minimalist Baker 


Wild Mushrooms and Brussels Sprouts
I have made Brussels every which way, but never thought of mixing mushrooms with them. They would give the veggies a earthy depth of flavor. Oh! There is also brandy glazed chestnuts in the mix. Interesting.
New York Times 


Cheesy Sausage and Sage Stuffing
Inspired by bread pudding, this dressing is somewhere between a strata, a gratin, and traditional stuffing. I think the addition of cheese is genius!
Bon Appetit

Sweet Potato Parmesan Gratin
The author calls this her breakfast, brunch, lunch or savory side of champions! A gratin is a nice way to change up a classic dish.
Minimalist Baker


Savory Mini Muffins With Goat Cheese and Rosemary
Oh no! Now I want to make these, too. My guests better come hungry. These couldn't be easier.
Tablespoon  

Escarole, Bacon and Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Dried Apricots and Pepitas
My family usually doesn't do a salad course. I am not sure why. If I was going to serve a salad, it would be this colorful and healthy recipe! This is Autumn in a bowl.
Heather Christo  


Caramelized Onion and Butternut Squash Tart
This is one rich and savory side. It's just beautiful. It is a strong contender.
Food52 


Bourbon Bacon Whipped Sweet Potatoes With Brown Butter And Crispy Sage
I am not sure that I could convince the fam to give up old fashioned sweet potatoes, but this recipe might do it.
How Sweet It Is 


Alon Shaya's Whole Roasted Cauliflower and Whipped Goat Cheese
This is one brown and crackly masterpiece! I might add that there is a half a bottle of wine involved in this recipe.
Food52

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.