"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Terrific Turkey Recipes & Cooks Tools

Friday, November 4, 2016

Foodie Friday: Terrific Turkey Recipes & Cooks Tools



Can you even believe that we are talking turkey already?  As I sat down to plan today's Foodie Friday, I realized that there were only three Fridays before Thanksgiving. So naturally today is about the main course - turkey - roasted every which way you can imagine. Pick what sounds best to you, or do what I do. Read through several recipes, blend  the best ingredients and create your own recipe. If something goes wrong, remember even Martha can make a mistake. Just smile and serve.


Herb And Butter Roasted Turkey With White Wine Pan Gravy
The author, Tieghan, swears that this turkey roasting method is perfection. I agree. My best turkeys have always been cooked with a butter and wine soaked cheesecloth . 
Half Baked Harvest    

Cuisipro Fat Separator
I don't have one of these. It sure would be easier than using a spoon! 
Williams Sonoma 

 Large End Grain Carving Board
I need one of these extra large carving boards. They can come with or without the moat. It is made of beautiful teak. Now this would make a fabulous host gift!
Food52  

Spice Rubbed Turkey with Mole Sauce
Celebrate Tex Mex style! Isn't this fun? The sauce can be made weeks ahead of time and frozen. Now that's a time saver! If not for Thanksgiving, it is a great dish to try any day of the week.
Heather Christo  

Bourbon Glazed Turkey With Pearl Onion Giblet Gravy
You have heard of a "turducken" haven't you? We can call this recipe Tur-Drunken!" The bourbon brown sugar glaze gives this turkey a lovely lacquered look.
Food and Wine  

Turkey With Pepperoni
Chef and butcher, Alex Pope keeps roast turkey moist by stuffing thin slices of pepperoni under the skin. I totally get this concept, but can I have a side of pizza with it?
Food and Wine   

Cranberry Glazed Turkey Breast
For me, cranberry sauce is a necessary compliment to turkey, in fact, I can't eat turkey without it. Naturally, this recipe was appealing. Colorful, too.
iFood Blogger   

Green Pan Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Roasting Pan
Roasting pans are pricey! This one provides healthier cooking, and it's on sale for 60% off. A wonderful buy if you are in the market.
Sur La Table  

Honey-Glazed Turkey with Sage and Roasted Garlic
Gorgeous right? The roasted garlic goes without mentioning though. I can't imagine a turkey, gravy, or potatoes without plenty of it. Love the thought of a sweet and savory bird!
Williams Sonoma 

Ina Garten's Ultimate Thanksgiving
Cooking Classes
If you just need a touch more experience before hosting Thanksgiving, this is a fun way to get it. Take a class at your nearest Sur La Table store. Learn Ina's easy techniques, in a fun atmosphere, for everything from perfectly roasted turkey to rich creamy gravy. Click for more info and dates.
Sur La Table 

Oranges and Herbs Roasted Turkey
Isn't this a beauty? Even if you don't follow the recipe, it is a lovely way to dress your turkey for the table.
A Beautiful Mess 

Wood Smoked Turkey
My sister has done this, and it was absolutely the best turkey I have ever tasted. Need a smoker? Sur La Table has several great options.
Food and Wine  

Turkey Wellington
If you really want to impress, this might be the way to go. My family only likes the white meat anyway. Don't be alarmed by what you see in the middle of the roast. It's Cranberry Jam!
Jamie Oliver   

Malt Beer Brined Turkey With Malt Glaze
A gorgeous looking bird that has been brined and barbecued. Wow!
Bon Appetit 

Cuisinart Electric Knife
IBack in the day, I loved mine. I wonder whatever happened to it? The good news is this one is marked down by $40.
Sur La Table  

Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast With Pear Hash
Having cooked a turkey with bacon before, I can tell you that the flavor is delicious. The only problem I had was getting the turkey skin brown. Perhaps it was my technique. The combination of bacon and sweet pear certainly sounds divine.
Cooking Channel

Apple Maple Turkey
Here's a sweet and savory roasted turkey recipe. It really is quite straight forward, but the maple syrup adds a comforting twist.
For The Chef

Shop Le Creuset

~ You May Also Love ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.