"" Shop This: Desserts For Dad: 12 Recipes He Will Love

Friday, June 16, 2023

Desserts For Dad: 12 Recipes He Will Love


My Dad had a big sweet tooth. In fact I don't ever remember a dinner without dessert at home. In turn, my husband, also enjoys a sweet treat. The men and fathers in your life might not relinquish the grill, even on Father's Day. But I know they will enjoy some lovin' from the oven.


Mixed Berry Shortcakes with Mascarpone Cream
How could a dessert this pretty not be delicious? The Mascarpone Cream takes the dish to another level!

Mile High Lemon Meringue Pie
Depending on where you live, you may want to make this recipe ASAP, before the humidity gets too high. This is a citrusy concoction that would be hard to resist!

Skillet Blueberry Cobbler With a Cheddar Biscuit Crust
There's something about pairing fruit and cheese. It always works. My own Father would have gone nuts over this dessert!

No Fuss Strawberry Cream Pretzel Tart
Not that Dad isn't worth fussing about. "The filling is made with 5 ingredients: heavy cream, honey, lemon, vanilla extract, and strawberry jam. The crust is a mix of sweet gingersnap cookies, salty pretzels, and a touch of butter. " Enough said.

Key Lime Pie
I really don't know anyone who doesn't love Key Lime Pie. It's what I am making for Father's Day. This recipe calls for Macadamia nuts. I may or may not do that, depending on cost.

Cinnamon Bourbon Peach Pie
Just the sound of this pie, makes my mouth water! If Dad loves bourbon, he won't be disappointed. This recipe calls for a good bit of it.

Deep Dish Cherry Pie
It's cherry season, which hopefully means the prices are reasonable, because this recipe calls for four pounds of them. I love a pie that can be made in a springform pan. Easy peasy. This pie looks fab from the flaky golden crust to the cherries on top!

Strawberry Angel Food Cake Layered Lush
This recipe takes me back. My dad loved angel food cake with strawberries. In fact my mom made something that looked like this. It's made up of free form layers of cake, cream cheese, whipped cream, and tangy berries. Yum!
Feast and Farm


S'mores Pie
This recipe will have dad at the sweet marshmallow topping. Toasting the meringue will give you that slight smokey flavor of a campfire s'more.

Homemade Oreo Ice Cream
Oh my! This frozen treat is a no churn recipe, which means we all can make it, even without an ice cream maker. I am about to make some ice cream myself this afternoon. It's easy!

S'mores Cake
Chocolate cake with graham cracker buttercream filling,  chocolate ganache frosting and toasted marshmallow meringue. OMG!

Boozy Coconut Hot Fudge Milkshake
And by boozy they mean made with plenty of rum! I know one Daddy-o that would love this.

~ You May Also Love ~

A Gift Guide For Foodie Fathers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.