"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Back To Baking

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Foodie Friday: Back To Baking

 

With a high of the low 70's this weekend  and a low of 49 next week, it's baking time again in my part of the world! Cooking is a pleasure for me most days, but baking is one of my favorite things in life. It must be those beaters that call my name :)  This recipe roundup will get you in the mood for fall flavors and back to baking.


Salted Caramel Apple Galette
No better time than now to make anything with apples! I have never made a galette, but I bet it is easier than a pie crust. My crusts are tasty but they always fall apart. This recipe promises to give you apple pie vibes with a fraction of the work.


Spiced Pear Tart Tatin
Here's a twist on the classic Apple Tatin. I actually think that it is visually more attractive. It is made with frozen puff pastry, which I love. Get this 5 star recipe at....

Bourbon Baked Apples
Isn't everything better with a splash of bourbon? These apples are covered in it, stuffed with an apple crumble, and smothered in homemade cinnamon ice cream. Simple but oh so good.

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Aren't these the cutest? The cake like cookies are soft and fluffy. The filling involves sweetened cream cheese and other marvelous mix-ins.

Caramel Cake
It's said that you should have all of the ingredients for this cake in the pantry already. But it does call for buttermilk, which I never have at home. Why? Because it takes less than 5 minutes to make at home. Find the quick and easy recipes at The Food Network. Cake recipe at...

Baked Apple Cider Donuts
Apple Picking and Donut making. What sounds better than that? I have the donut pans already. You can count on me to purchase the apple cider at the farmers market next week. 
Half Baked Harvest

Pumpkin Chocolate Mousse Cake
Chocolate Mousse is right up there with champagne, lobster, and goat cheese for me. I usually make a pumpkin mousse for Thanksgiving. I have never put them all together in a cake. This looks fab!

Mini Mason Jar Apple Pies
This recipe is made with store bought dough. They are cute as can be, and will look fabulous at each place setting or lined up on a tray.

Sweet Potato Cake With Marshmallow Frosting
This cake is oil based with the addition of mashed sweet potatoes. That just spells out "super moist." The frosting is a sweet fluff of marshmallow that has been toasted with a torch! You can find one at Williams Sonoma. And the recipe at....
Food52



Creole Cream Cheesecake With Caramel-Apple Topping
If you are like me, you are wondering what in the world is Creole cream cheese. It's not too intimidating, nor is it from New Orleans. You'll just have to click through to see. The topping looks yummy.

Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Said to be one of the best chocolate chip cookies of all time.  I am a bit of a connoisseur of chocolate chip cookies, and hard to please. They must be soft, chewy, and chocolatey.  These look as if they fit the bill, and then some. I'm trying this recipe.

Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake
I think that this is my favorite recipe of the roundup. With a crust of gingersnap cookies, a filling of pumpkin and cream cheese, and a  whipped cream topping, chocolate and caramel syrups, and pecans, this dessert is fully loaded.

Pumpkin Creme Brulee
This recipe is for Mollie. I can just feel that topping crackle and crunch. Perhaps a nice alternative to pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving?



Back To Baking: Recipes & Bakers Tools

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.