"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Picnic Perfect Provisions & Recipes

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Foodie Friday: Picnic Perfect Provisions & Recipes

(Illustration by Virginia Johnson)

Nothing beats a Spring picnic, and it's been awhile since I've been on one. In fact it's been years. I plan to change that up this year. Here's lots of inspiration, from the perfect basket for packing to a delicious Deep Dish Blackberry Peach Pie to try. Shall I meet you in the park?





Lime Fizz
This refreshing recipe can be made two ways, with or without the vodka. I vote for the latter.  Transport this fun fizz in Bormioli Rocco Moresca Swing Bottles. They are so lovely and less than $10 at Sur La Table


Rare Roast Beef Baguettes With Roast Tomato Currant Chutney
Could a sandwich look any more appealing? This sandwich will feed the whole family!
Gourmet Traveller


Roasted Tomato Caprese Panzanella
No other dishes needed on my picnic. What a perfect salad. Bring the balsamic glaze and dress it right before serving.
How Sweet It Is



Prawn Picnic Jars
This super easy 5 star recipe gets elevated from the adorable presentation. Find similar Mason Jars at Food52. Recipe at
Taste AU


Wooden Cutlery
Made of eco-friendly, compostable wood, these disposable utensils can be made to look pretty darn fancy. And no washing!
Container Store



 Fried Chicken and Waffle Sandwich 
I suppose one could use a frozen waffle to really make this easy. I urge you to try, however, the given recipe for "Bacon Cheddar Green Onion Waffles." Oh my!
The Candid Appetite



Rosé-Poached Plums in Parmesan Tuille
"Salty, savory, sweet, herbaceous and tangy all in one bite." What an unique offering for an upscale picnic!
Indie Culinary


Ganache-Stuffed Chocolate-Chip Cookies
In honor of National Chocolate Chip Day, (Thanks "Mr. Shop This," for bringing this date to my attention) I had to include this recipe. I might say it sounds twice as much fun as a regular chocolate chip cookie!
Food and Wine



Picnic Basket
Lightweight and lovely, this ash basket is made by famed Peterboro Basket Company.
Food52


Savory Mushroom Squares & Lemon Curd Trifles
Two recipes from Katie at The Kitchen Door. They both create the most sophisticated picnic! Of course both dishes will taste better with a Cambria Chardonnay. How about Cambria Katherine's Vineyard Chardonnay 2013. Rated 90+ and less than $20. See it at Wine.com 
Cambria Wines Blog



Little Apricot Cakes
Nothing is ever too gooey for me, but picnics are not quite the place for tons of frosting.  These two bite "cakes" are perfect with a little Lime Fizz.
Bon Appetit



Outdoor Picnic Basket
How unique! This unusual piece is now on sale for half price. I just love it.
Pottery Barn


Goat Cheese and Vegetable Quiche
I don't remember when I last ate a sandwich. A really good quiche, however, is something I love, carbs be damned! This recipe is just so pretty and perfectly paired with a salad.


Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
Oh how gorgeous but yet super easy! And why not bring flowers to your picnic? A variety of mason jars can be found at Food52. Or you might love this 6 piece Mason Jar and Wire Carrier at Amazon. The recipe is from
Half Baked Harvest



Kate Spade Grass Is Greener Blanket
Bring a little green wherever you go. How cute is this trompe l'eoil wipeable blanket in a pouch? I think this is the perfect Summertime gift for anyone.
Swoozies



Asparagus Potato Salad
{ Gluten Free }
Every picnic of my childhood included a potato salad. I guarantee you it did not look like this one. Little bits of olive oil, dijon mustard and wine vinegar provide the moisture. YUM!
Popsugar



Deep Dish Blackberry Peach Pie
With the tartness of the berries and the sweetness of the peaches, this is one perfect pie! 
Heather Christo



PieBox
I am a little obsessed with this box. My pie baking Mama would have loved it. It is handcrafted and designed to safely and stylishly transport your pies.
Food52


Stuffed Picnic Loaf
It only takes 15 minutes to prepare this make ahead super sandwich, but it needs to chill for 8 hours. A sandwich lovers dream.
House and Garden UK



Homemade Potato Chips And Avocado Ranch Dip
A picnic without chips is like one without ants.  I say ban the bag of Lays and make your own.  I bet you can't eat just one.
Food For My Family



Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
You can elevate this very easy recipe with Vodka!
My baking Addiction



Boiled Egg, Seared Asparagus & Pickled Onion Sandwich
Is it a sandwich or is it salad? Whatever you call it, it sure is beautiful!
The Kitchn



Creamy Coconut Lemon Squares
Even though chocolate is "my jam," a good lemon bar is hard to resist. Pair it with coconut, and I am a believer! This is one picnic perfect dessert.
Christina Marsigliese


Take The Party Outside
If you entertain outside at a picnic or your patio, you simply must shop this Sale at...
One Kings's Lane


Satay Chicken Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe might be a bit to prepare, but the end result is super impressive. Easy to transport, too!


2 comments:

  1. Love these Foodie Fridays Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I do them for the food lovers in all of us! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.