"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Spring Greens! Salad Recipes & More

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Foodie Friday: Spring Greens! Salad Recipes & More


A salad is good any time of the year, but with the arrival of Spring, the veggies look better and better. From artichokes to zucchini, there is a recipe that can be tossed together for lighter meals as the weather warms up.




Zucchini Noodles with Basil Almond Pesto and Cherry Tomatoes
Yes, you read that right. What looks like pasta is really zucchini! And doesn't pesto make everything taste better? I think this is a must try.
Heather Christo


Red Heirloom Spinach Salad With Soy-Ginger Vinaigrette
A salad could not be any more attractive! Made with clementines, oh yum!
The Clever Carrot


Butterfly Salad Bowl W/ Servers
Who said a salad bowl needs to be round?  An ideal piece for people who love to entertain. The set makes a truly lovely gift.
Nambe


Spring Panzanella with Asparagus
Just gorgeous! I so love grilled bread in a salad. In fact, I always grill my croutons when I make them (but rarely eat them). One of the most colorful components of this salad are watermelon radishes. 
Food and Wine


Petite Slaw
This recipe takes a classic slaw and turns it into salad with character. Love that there is not a drop of mayo in the ingredient list. It's a pretty presentation.
Golubka Kitchen



Classic Blue Cheese Wedge Salad
I never quite got the attraction to this type of salad. There is just too much lettuce for me. Now that dressing, I could eat by itself. This recipe is a real crowd pleaser. You digging this, Mr. Shop This?
Foodie Crush


Sweet Balsamic Vinegar
Said to be a game-changing vinegar. This is one of my favorite pleasures in life. A really good Balsamic elevates everything. Made in Modena, Italy
Provisions at Food52


Shaved Carrot Salad With Pistachio And Pomegranate Vinaigrette
This one is for "Ms. Shop This," who I believe could live on carrots. Made with the marvelous multi-colored variety, this looks like a fun salad to make. Don't you just  love shaving veggies?
Feasting At Home



Chile Lime Salmon Fajita Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
Cinco de Mayo comes to mind, but I couldn't wait. I know I would love this dressing, as I add lime to almost everything I create. 
Half Baked Harvest



Chef'n Emulstir Salad Dressing Mixer
This is a great little gadget! It makes mixing dressings so easy, you will never buy store bought again.
Sur La Table



Salad of Chicken, Carrots and PEAS
I have to fess up, this salad will never be made in my kitchen. "Mr. Shop This," would hide every one of those peas under his plate. But for those who do like peas, this is one super Spring salad. Did you see those purple potatoes? What a colorful creation!
Lemon Tree Cafe



Seafood Salad With Herb Dressing
The mint, parsley and basil chopped in the dressing just adds a splash of Spring green to this simple but sensational salad. By the way, don't be limited by the seafood in the ingredient list. Use what's available. Let the sea be your oyster!
Gourmet Traveller


OXO Salad Spinner
My dear friend, Sara, salad maker extraordinaire, wouldn't think of making a salad without one. It is the best way to clean and crisp your greens.
Williams Sonoma 


Chicken, Mint and Strawberry Salad
This recipe had me at macerated "Strawberry Vinaigrette." Sweet and savory is always a winning combination. This salad is a meal in itself. Lovely to serve at lunch. 
Heather Christo


Carrol Boyes Man Salad Bowl
No need for a centerpiece, this limited edition and numbered piece is art for the table!


Griddled Tuna Kinda Niçoise Salad
Hands down, the most fun Tuna Nicoise I have ever seen. This happens to be one of my fave entrees ever, but I have not made the crazy good basil dressing before. Oh Jamie!
Jamie Oliver



5 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A good salad dressing usually begins with a good olive oil. Yes, there is a difference in Olive Oil grades. Produced in Greece, these oils are the real thing. What a beautiful hostess gift.
AHALife


The Ivy Grilled Vegetable Salad
Hollywood's favorite salad from the A-List Ivy Restaurant in LA.  The dressing with Balsamic, lime and Agave is beyond good. If you can't get to The Ivy,watch a video and get the recipe at
Pop Sugar

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Sur La Table Healthy Eating_120x90

~ You May Also Enjoy ~








No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.