"" Shop This: Wedding Wednesday: Down The Aisle With Alternative Style

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Down The Aisle With Alternative Style

(Via Inslee Designs)

Do you enjoy shows like "Say Yes To the Dress?"  I enjoy watching the process of gown shopping. I have to say, however, I have yet to see a dress that I would have worn or can see my daughter wearing.  Of course, the traditional wedding gown can be gorgeous for some. But if you don't dream about looking like a princess, can't imagine wearing a veil, prefer couture to bridal style, or are having a small private affair, there are alternatives.  Wear what makes you feel the best version of yourself on your special day. 

Here's How To Get Down The Aisle In Alternative Style




Vera Wang
Even Vera realizes that brides come in all sizes and types. These are for a girl with an edge. From her Spring 2014 Collection.
Vera Wang

Claire Pettibone
Casablanca
Floral lace mini with flowing chiffon panels and re-embroidered lace appliqués. From one of my favorite wedding gown designers. Modern, sexy and ethereal.
Claire Pettibone


Merrie's White Victorian


I wore a hat for my own wedding. It is so much fun to be different. I love the unexpected, such as this dramatic back. Sold only at
Free People

Theia - Spring 2015
Haven Sleeveless Silver Floral Jacquard and Tulle Crop Top Ball Gown. For the very trendy bride!
Theia 

Elie Saab
This white haute jumpsuit proves that you can wear Chantilly lace and not be dressed traditionally.  
Neiman Marcus

Debbie's Limited Edition Dress
You'll be the "something blue" in this chic crochet and lace dress. Perfect for a Las Vegas wedding!

Claire Pettibone Robyn
Toile cotton pencil skirt with lace bodice and tulle overlay with satin sash. One of the best short gowns I have seen.
Claire Pettibone

Oscar de la Renta 
Bow Gown
Every bit as dressy as a traditional gown, sans a veil. I would add gold shoes and a touch of gold in my hair. Gorgeous!
Oscar de la Renta

Temperley London
Avalia Dress
Channel your inner Audrey Hepburn with this sophisticated sheath. Don't you love the gloves with it?
Temperley London

Claire Pettibone Raven
I was the brave soul that wore a black floral dress to the Senior Prom. So why wouldn't I walk down the aisle in this beauty? Black tulle embroidered with pink and red roses over silver sequins and pearl silk with long train. And for the less adventurous bride, it comes in ivory.
Claire Pettibone


Lanvin Embellished
Duchesse-Satin Dress
Fluffy with frou frou, this fab frock is perfect for the girl who just wants to have some fun!
Net-a-Porter


Temperley London Catroux Dress
Perhaps my favorite of this edit.  I love the sculptured twists and turns of this strikingly sheer dress.
Shop Bop

ML MONIQUE LHUILLIER
Right On Key Gown
With a look this fabulous, "alternative" is awesome! This is a great pick if you are getting married in a hurry. It is a rental! Once you see the details of the rented and the original price, you just might be sold on the idea.
Rent The Runway

Monique Lhuillier Paige Skirt
Now this is unique! If you just don't wear dresses, this is your answer for your special day.

Miguelina Lilly Dress
Cotton lace creates a sophisticated dress with a vintage vibe.  So perfect for a morning or afternoon wedding. 
BHLDN

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Rent the Runway introduces The World of Marchesa. Choose from feminine dresses in luxurious fabrics



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.