"" Shop This: Sweet Treat Tuesday

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sweet Treat Tuesday

You can have your chips and dips. I'll take my sweet treat any day over a
salty selection. With Valentine's Day approaching, let's explore the forbidden
world of sweet treats and ultimate desserts. They just might be the key to
his (or my) heart! Here, five faves.


Martha Stewart's Chocolate Cake Baked Alaska. Martha 
gives this classic dessert (and my fave) a modern makeover. This
party perfect preparation makes nine mini cakes that are sure to
impress your dinner guests.  Oh and don't fret.  If you don't have 
a kitchen torch, you can brown the meringue in the oven. 
Get the recipe here.







Magnolia Bakery's Banana Pudding! I was first introduced
to this old school sensation by Meg, my NYC daughter. The taste
is really beyond description.  Orgasmic comes to mind.  It's
fluffy and light, sweet and sensual, with beautiful bites
of vanilla wafers and banana slices. The pudding is packed in 
a pint size container.  Our family rarely can wait to dish out this
treat....we just grab the spoons and dig in.  If you are lucky enough
to live in Chicago, NYC or L.A.  you can visit Magnolia Bakery.  If not,
they do ship nationwide.  


So this image isn't exactly picture perfect, but it shows exactly
the ooey, gooey freshness of this decadent chocolate cake.  Ask
any Chicagoan what is their favorite cake, and most hands point to
Portillo's.  Best yet, you don't have to have a hot dog to get this
chocolate confection.  Just order by phone and pick up through the 
drive in window. It's worth the trip. Get the recipe here



Warm Drunken Donuts at David Burke Townhouse New York.
Well, this image does not do this special treat justice. I'll have to 
say it with words.  Think warm mouth sized bites of fresh homemade
mini donuts, served on a ferris wheel of sinful delights! Along with the
impressive presentation comes three little DIY bottles filled with milk 
chocolate baileys, strawberry daiquiri and salted caramel, that you inject yourself. Really.  This was the most fun my taste buds had in a very  
long time.  Oh, and the rest of the menu and ambiance is just as
terrific as this treat was.  Yummmmmmmm......




Grandma Hier's Carrot Cake by Paula Dean.  This cake is a winner
in our household.  First of all, the cake is giant...with three lush layers...
each frosted with a rich cream cheese frosting.  I thought my sainted
Mother made a mean carrot cake, but this one beats all. It's beyond!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
I think I will go work out now.  I think I gained five pounds from
writing this post!



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.