"" Shop This: Wedding Wednesday

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wedding Wednesday

Wedding Inspiration


Do you cry at weddings? I do..even at a stranger's wedding, like the couple's wedding in the video below.  I thought I'd share this feel good movie created by Shark Pig that I found on Erin Hiemstra's amazing Apartment 34 blog. Turn up your volume and enjoy!


Lovely, no? I've helped to plan a few weddings in my day, and even planned my own.  For me, the whole process is about love...the love of fine things, divine details, clever collaborations of talented florists, caterers,hoteliers, D.J's, vocalists, and the quest for "happily ever after."    

Here's a little inspiration that begins with a Vera Wang gown in an unexpected
 shade of grey.  


Vera Wang Harlow


How pretty are these petite posies? Roses have been paired with ranunculus, pieris, hellebores,and dusty miller. I always say be careful with white flowers, as they often photograph yellow against a white dress. No problem with our color palette here created by Martha Stewart Weddings, associate style editor Naomi de Manana.  Martha Stewart Weddings




The perfect shoe! Heavy on bling 
but soft on color.


Preston Bailey, event planner extraordinair, nailed it when he featured this artistic mani.  Nail art is the latest trend for hands from the red carpet to down the aisle.  I happen to think this design is quite lovely.



Please have two garters on your special day.  One to cherish as a keepsake and one to toss.  This girly garter, from Mamie + James at
Etsy, is a keeper.  Made from tulle and Swarovski Crystals, it is $150
and so very special!



Today's trend for cakes is...the more elaborate the better. This one is the perfect bright accent to a sophisticated color palette. Monogrammed and gilded cake by Cake Opera


There are so many options for Table Numbers.....get creative....or at least
add a little sparkle.  This fancy frame will shimmer and shine under candlelight.

For more inspiration visit my Pinterest "Ceremony Chic" board.


Unique Wedding Favors from Beau-coup.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.