"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: 20 Sweet & Savory Apple Recipes

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Foodie Friday: 20 Sweet & Savory Apple Recipes


When it comes to seasonal ingredients, Autumn's apples win the prize. They are equally special served sweet or savory. This recipe roundup is picture proof that there are more ways to enjoy apples than just pie. But don't worry, scroll down for a perfect apple pie.



Apple Cider Mojito
Spiced, vibrant, and slightly sweet, it has all the flavors of a classic rum mojito plus a hefty pour of apple cider.

Prosciutto Wrapped Apples With Manchego Cheese
Made with only four ingredients and can be ready in 15 minutes. The prosciutto adds sophistication and saltiness.

Endive and Apple Salad With Candied Walnuts
The perfect company salad.  The candied walnuts (yum) and sweet apples are perfect partners to the endive and cheese.

Apples and pork are certainly a delicious duo.  Add the salty prosciutto you have an
 instant special dinner.

Apple, Bacon & Fennel Stuffing
It doesn't have to be Thanksgiving to enjoy stuffing. Mine always has bacon or pancetta  and apples, so I know this recipe works.

Apple Raisin Pecan Bread Pudding With Salted Caramel
This recipe begins with a pecan raison loaf of bread. Whole Foods and Eatily sell fabulous breads that would make a good base for this recipe. It's all topped off with a homemade salted caramel drizzle. YUM!

Cornbread with Caramelized Apples and Onions
Made in a cast iron skillet, this recipe is cornbread on steroids. Doesn't it 
look fabulous?

Apple Fritters 
My absolute favorite apple dish. I have never made them, but certainly have had my share. These are filled with Granny Smith apples. 

Pork & Apple Breakfast Sausage
This year, I did make my first sausage. It was a success, and so good, without any chemicals that frozen sausage has. I urge you to give it a try.

Salted Maple Apple Tarte Tatin with Cinnamon Pumpkin Seeds
What a showstopper!  Tiegan says that every bite is delicious, and it certainly looks like it would be. I am not surprised that the recipe calls for Honey Crisp Apples. They are the best for baking.

Pasta With Apples, Bacon, Sage, and Chantrelle Mushrooms 
Gluten & Dairy Free
What an exciting list of ingredients! I bet that it is delicious. And it would be hard to find a better seasonal 
platter of pasta.

Caramel Apple Creme Brulee
This is for the birthday girl, Mollie, who loves her Creme Brulee. But honestly, who wouldn't love this? A rich velvety custard is topped off with apples, caramel and cinnamon.

Apple French Onion Soup
I think that my favorite soup in the world just got better. I bet that the combination of the sweet caramelized onions and the savory melted cheese is just divine. 

Apple Cider Donut Pancakes
How decadent! But in my opinion that is what pancakes should be. I would never waste the carbs on a simple plain pancake.  They are perfectly spiced, light and fluffy, covered in a cinnamon sugar coating and finished off with a cinnamon glaze. Yes, please!

Savory Sliced Apple Appetizers
These gluten free, attractive appetizers are so very simple and lovely! Slightly tart slices of Granny Smith apples are loaded with savory cream cheese and delicious crunchy toppings. 

Apple Toffee Crunch Cake
A drip cake always gets my attention, especially if it is dripping in toffee sauce. Oh My!

French Onion & Apple Grilled Cheese
Now this is a sandwich! It's made with gouda cheese which puts it over the top. This recipe gives the classic French onion grilled cheese an autumn twist.

Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
Am I the only human being that hasn't had Monkey bread? It looks irresistible.

Apple Pie Moscow Mule
Surprisingly enough, these cocktails are made with Apple Pie Vodka!

Salted Caramel Apple Pie
You didn't think I would leave you without a new apple pie recipe, did you? Of all of the apple pie recipes I discovered for this post, I chose this beauty. First of all, salt and caramel are a daring bu delicious duo.  The liquid gold homemade caramel, is poured directly on top of the apples. Then there is this crust.
 It looks beyond fabulous. 


~ You May Also Love ~


Foodie Friday: High Holiday Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.