"" Shop This: Saturdays At Shop This: Calm In The Chaos

Friday, May 1, 2020

Saturdays At Shop This: Calm In The Chaos



Today's inspiration comes from an article in Vogue entitled "Donna Karan Is Looking for “the Calm in the Chaos.” I have always admired the designer. Now I do even more.  She talks about the changing fashion industry, "conscious consumerism," and finding calm in our world today. It's good. I think that we all need to calm down a little bit.  So today's links will hopefully help you to do
 just that.


Donna Karan's  own website, Urban Zen is so beautiful. It's where Donna's philanthropy meets commerce. You owe yourself a visit.  It's calming, and I love the cozy comfort collection. Actually everything is very Zen. By the way, you can save 30% on DonnaKaran.com and DKNY this weekend.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
I think we are all feeling a bit of collective grief and anxiety. This video with New York Times best selling author, Glennon Doyle and goop creator, Gwyneth Paltrow, was helpful to me.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
This versatile essential oil is known for its' many  benefits, including supporting feelings of relaxation. I put a couple drops in the bath water, on my pillow, and my temples before bed. If you are having trouble sleeping, this may help. I get mine from Dr. Axe
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Have you tried any CBD products? I have not. But I found the brand Haoma at Neiman Marcus. I am intrigued. Their philosophy is inspired by the divine plant that shares its name, HAOMA. Their products feature adaptogenic plant ingredients and Earth-based healing modalities. The Calming Temple Balm sounds promising for times 
like these. 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Aromatherapy: So many studies have been done on the benefits of aroma. Besides just smelling good, certain scents are calming and relaxing. Enter the Nest Fragrance Scent Pura Smart Home Fragrance Diffuser. It will scent your home (or Mom's)  with calming Bamboo & Grapefruit.  How lovely! 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Writing about your feelings, including gratitude, helps so much. This less than $10 book makes a nice gift to yourself or someone you care about.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
All of this stress and anxiety shows up on our skin. Tea tree oil has a natural calming effect on the skin. I use it all of the time. Just found this organic brand at Nordstrom. B. Well Organic + Australian 100% Tea Tree Oil. It's all natural and will help to combat breakouts, and soothe dryness
 and irritation.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Baby Shusher: Babies and dogs are innately able to pick up on human emotions. If you are not calm, neither will your baby or pet be.  This little machine helps soothe your fussy baby by "engaging their natural calming reflex. Utilizing an ancient but doctor tested technique, it makes a rhythmic shushing sound that lulls your 
baby to sleep." Brilliant!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Calming Apps For Kids: If you have been in isolation with the kids, I think you need these by now.


Maybe you are like me and have cried a river since the Coronavirus Crisis began.  We will feel calmer if we choose to see the beauty that is happening, as opposed to the death and sadness. Let's concentrate on the appreciation the world is showing our front line healthcare workers. The flickering lights, applause, and sound of music of the citizens of the world is a
 beautiful thing! 

XOXOX
Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.