"" Shop This: Thanksgiving Countdown: Desserts

Friday, November 22, 2019

Thanksgiving Countdown: Desserts


This is called saving the best for last. In fact, I could forgo the entire meal, and be happy with the Thanksgiving dessert table. But never fear, if you scroll down this post you will find links to the rest of the meal, as well.  It is my hope that this post inspires you to do a little something different for dessert. Think about poaching pears or Brûléeing  your pumpkin pie to wow your guests.





Pumpkin Espresso Tiramisu
Layered to pumpkin perfection, this recipe is sure to get many
 oohs and ahhs! 
Southern Living

Brûléed Bourbon-Maple Pumpkin Pie
What a showstopper! A blend of chocolate and pumpkin with bourbon and maple syrup is a fabulous surprise.
Bon Appetit

Puff Pastry Apple Galette
Isn't this good looking? The caramel sauce caught my eye, as I always make my apple pies with it cooked within the filling.  The ice cream is the "icing" on this dish.
Williams Sonoma

Biscoff and Kahlua Crunch Cupcakes
One part dessert, and another part after dinner drink. A perfect bite in my book. And chocolate seems to be ignored a bit for this holiday meal. I don't know about you, but I always want chocolate!
Bakers Royale

Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart
I've made this recipe. It is absolutely delicious. The layers of bittersweet chocolate ganache and salted caramel are just beyond!
Bon Appetit

Pumpkin Pots de Crème
What a super chic way to end a meal! Made from half and half, brown sugar, all of the warms spices and more. It's all been topped off with whipped cream and crushed amaretti cookies.
Leite's Culinaria

Pumpkin S’mores Cake (Gluten-free and Vegan)
If you are having a crowd, it is wise to have a gluten free offering.  This cake looks like it is missing nothing in a flavor profile. YUM!
Heather Christo

Blood Orange Tart With Toasted Meringue
Meringue is a bit like bacon to me. It makes everything better. This beautiful dessert will be unexpected but 
oh so appreciated!
Spoon Fork Bacon

Easy Mini Pumpkin Pie Tarts
My experience tells me that people really like just a bite sized portion of sweets. When you serve mini desserts, you trick the mind of your guests. They think that they can have a bite of everything.  It's more fun that way. These are cute!
Lovely Little Kitchen

Cranberry Custard Pie
I believe that my sweet Mom baked something similar, without the fancy embellishments. It was delicious. Nothing is more homey than a
 custard pie!
The Creative Bite

Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
This is Thanksgiving on a plate for me. My meal is just not complete without pecan pie. And adding chocolate and a little booze is nirvana!
Broma Bakery

 Caramel Apple Cheesecake
This is Bobby Flay's cheesecake recipe . So there's that. And the fact that this cake receives five stars from reviewers. I think it is an 
absolute winner.
Foodnetwork

Spiced Hazelnut Pear Cake With
Chocolate Sauce
Now this is a cake with the holiday spirit! It's elegant with warm spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. Wine infused pears make a tasty statement. Serve with chocolate sauce.
Epicurious

Pumpkin Swirl Slab Pie
Pumpkin pie bores me. Sure it tastes "fine," but it is so expected. Change the shape of it, and swirl some cheese cake in the batter, and now you have my attention. And isn't it pretty?
A Beautiful Mess



~ You May Also Love ~



Countdown To Thanksgiving: Turkey & Gravy Goodness!



Thanksgiving Starts Here: Seventeen Stylish 
Side Dishes


Foodie Friday: Thanksgiving Starts Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.