"" Shop This: Countdown To Thanksgiving: Turkey & The Trimmings

Friday, November 9, 2018

Countdown To Thanksgiving: Turkey & The Trimmings


In this second of a series of three Foodie Fridays, it's all about main course and side dish inspiration.  If you are like me, you will take a little bit from one recipe and add it to another. Following a recipe to a "T" is just too boring.  Let your creativity flow, and the big event will be fun instead of a chore. I always say that the most important ingredient to any dish is love. Grab your favorite beverage and start planning. Oh! Stay tuned. Next week we will end the series on a sweet note, and talk desserts.


HERE: 21 Recipes For Celebrating

Herb & Butter Roasted Turkey With White Wine Pan Gravy
Is this photo not #turkeygoals?  This recipe is somewhat how I do mine. Compound butter under the skin. If you haven't done that before. Give it a try.....the turkey is always moist. 
Half Baked Harvest

Sweet Potato With Marshmallow
Sweet potatoes are the one dish that I tend to change up every year. I always add bourbon, sometimes pineapple and heavy cream is a must. Jamie's recipe includes marmalade. That sounds like a delicious addition!
Jamie Oliver

Grill Roasted Turkey 
My favorite way to enjoy Thanksgiving Turkey. I am sad that my sister, Carole, won't be braving the elements and cooking her bird outside. I will miss both Carole and her delicious turkey. The smokey fragrance and flavor beats all other methods in my book.
Bon Appétit 

Thomas Keller's Ciabatta and 
Sausage Stuffing
If a recipe has the owner and chef's name of one of the country's highest rated restaurants, French Laundry, then I would call it dependable. It's a rustic dish with plenty of aromatic herbs used. Mmmmmmm, I can smell it already.
Saveur

Baked Brandied Cranberries
Cranberry sauce is my favorite dish of the dinner. And I couldn't take a bite of turkey without it. Baking cranberries is new to me, but i think I will try it. There's a cup of brandy in this recipe. Yes please!
The Bossy Kitchen

Autumn Harvest Rice Stuffing
{ Gluten Free }
Heather says that this is the best stuffing ever. I have never done a rice dressing. Have you? There's lots of goodies in it like vermouth, walnuts, apples, and so much more. 
Heather Christo

Soy Sauce and Honey Glazed Turkey
Raise your hand if you really would rather have Chinese than Turkey, If your hand is up, this recipe is for you. Here, the bird is marinated and basted with soy, sesame, honey and ginger, giving it superb flavor and a beautiful mahogany color. This really does sound fabulous.
Food and Wine

Cornbread Stuffing Muffins with 
Apple and Pancetta
Don't you just want to take a bite of these? Said to be easy to pick up because they are crispy around the edges. Can be made one day ahead.
A Spicy Perspective

Roast Turkey With Arugula Pesto Rub
I think that pesto makes anything better, so this recipe appeals to me. The seasoning rub balances the pepperiness with hints of Romano cheese and chopped walnuts for a new favorite holiday recipe.
Better Homes & Gardens

Brussels Sprouts Gratin
My family is crazy about Brussels Sprouts. I generally roast them with lots of fresh garlic, bacon, balsamic and pure maple syrup. This recipe might change things up a bit, and it is made with my favorite cheese. The sprouts have been blanched and then baked in a sauce with pancetta, shallots, and Gruyere. Doesn't this sound good? Now I am conflicted.
Simply Recipes

Orange And Sage Turkey
If you want a simple no fuss turkey recipe, this is it. I always use citrus, too. It adds a sparkle to the turkey, if you know what I mean.

Pumpkin Sage Bacon Mashed Potatoes 
This for non traditionalists. I think it sounds and looks delicious (bacon in mashed potatoes is fab). Do we dare?
Britt & Co

Savory Rosemary Olive Bread Pudding
Oh my! This looks so very good. A savory bread pudding is something different. The recipe author calls it dressing smothered in cheese. Why not?
Broma Bakery

Cider Glazed Turkey With Lager Gravy
Michael Symon's recipe sounds good. He uses cider soaked cheesecloth to cover the breast. I am sure that it is super juicy.
Food and Wine


Green Bean Bundles
Aren't these attractive? Beautiful on a buffet. They are topped with a white wine, sugar and butter sauce.
Taste of Home

Bourbon Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole
Here's an updated take on the classic casserole. This recipe features a surprise layer of texture and flavor with the addition of a flaky, buttery, phyllo dough. How interesting!
Half Baked Harvest

Spatchcock Roast Turkey Recipe
Just this morning, I heard chef Michael Symon say that this is the way he likes to cook turkey. And get this, it is ready in 1.5 hours. This link shows you how to cut your turkey before cooking. Michael also says that the butcher would be happy to cut out the back bone for you. Read about it at 
I Am A Food Blog


The Best Mashed Potatoes
I'll vouch for that. This is how I basically make my own. They are indulgently buttery, creamy, tangy, and made with a very subtle hint of garlic. Actually my garlic might not be so subtle. And the real secret to the richness is cream cheese. New to me is the New York Time's tip to use a combination of Yukon Gold and Russet potatoes. I will try that this year.
Give Me Some Oven

Chipotle Cranberry Chutney
Oh how unique! This relish packs a little heat that works well with the sweet.
How Sweet Eats

Blue Cheese & Apple Turkey 
Breast Roulade
If you aren't cooking for a crowd this year, this recipe makes six servings and is packed with sweet and savory flavors. I love the look of the spiral stuffing.

Oyster Stuffing
This recipe makes me smile and sad at the same time. Growing up, my Mom would make Oyster dressing just for my Dad and I. It was beyond good. And I haven't had it again once he passed. It's a traditional New England style stuffing with cured pork, oysters, and French bread. 
Saveur

Maple Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
If you prefer a more savory sweet potato dish, try this.  The smoky chipotle peppers and adobe sauce will add lots of flavor. 
Go Bold With Butter

~ You Will Also Love ~



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.