"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Sweet & Savory Apple Recipes & Cooks' Tools

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Foodie Friday: Sweet & Savory Apple Recipes & Cooks' Tools


I'm announcing Autumn with sweet and savory apples, the star of the season. For me, the excitement began last evening when my neighbor, sweet Caroline, (and her Daddy) delivered a gallon of freshly made Apple Cider from Michigan. Lucky me! Let the pie baking begin.  If you aren't quite ready for Fall yet, this post will put you in the mood. Think baked brie, cheddar crusts, chic cider cocktails, and peanut butter caramel apples. 

Sip. Savor. Repeat. Shop the NEW Wine & Cheese Collection from Le Creuset!

HERE: 24 Ways To Enjoy Fall's Favorite Fruit

Caramel Apple Moscow Mule
Let's celebrate Fall and say Cheers with a fabulous craft cocktail. Created with just four ingredients and some apple slices.

Pasta with Apples, Bacon and Chantrelle Mushrooms 
{ Gluten & Dairy Free }
What a magical Fall dish! I know that the flavors work as I put it all into my Turkey stuffing. Oh and that sage!! 

Chocolate Apple Treats
I looked and looked for what I felt was the best looking Candy Apple. I think this is a winner, though I may add another one down the line. This one features dark chocolate, white chocolate, dried cherries and more. 

By the way, I make candy apples every year, and I can never find the apple sticks in downtown Chicago. Amazon has them HERE

Honey, Apple, Cheddar, and Bacon Panini
This recipe is dedicated to "Mr. Shop This." The man loves his grilled cheese sandwiches. I'll just say that is made with Sourdough bread. YUM!

Apple Toffee Crunch Cake
What a beautiful cake! Do you think that you and I can recreate this fabulous looking cake? Sure we can. I might just stop after that terrific toffee sauce!!
The Cake Blog  

Savory Apple Thyme Tart 
Apples, caramelized onions, gruyere and thyme are a winning flavor combination in this delicious tart.
Le Petit Eats 

Honeycrisp Apple Pandowdy
If you are wondering, what Pandowdy is.."it’s an apple pie, baked in a skillet with cut up pieces of dough over top of the apples, instead of one whole pie crust. The idea is that the dough sinks into the apples while baking, and in turn becomes very “doughy”. Ummm. I can't be mad at that! Get the ooey gooey recipe at
Half Baked Harvest

Maple Apples, Blue Cheese and Bacon Pizza
I think that this sounds not only interesting but divine! You can save yourself some trouble buy purchasing store bought dough, or not. Whole Foods sells their own unbaked dough, and it is always perfect.
Foodie Crush

Apple Fries With Cheesecake Dip
This looks like scooping heaven to me. Surely double dipping will be necessary!
Brit + Co.  

Sur La Table 3-in-1 Apple Tool
If you plan to buy a bushel and a peck of apples, I am pretty sure you will need one of these handy dandy tools!
Sur La Table 

Baked Brie en CroĆ»te With Apple and Pear Compote 
You have to love a dish that gives you maximum impact with minimum effort. This is company comfort food.
Serious Eats

Apple-Cinnamon Butter
I grew up on homemade apple butter. Bless my Mom's heart. Why would you use store bought with all of those chemicals and preservatives? This will be much better.
Chatelaine

Apple And Calvados Trifle
Talk about a crowd pleaser! I happen to love making trifle. Mistakes can happen and no one will be the wiser. It's made with two different kinds of apples, heavy cream. sponge cake and of course, plenty of Calvados!
Gourmet Traveller

Pork Chops With Apples And Sage
An easy Fall recipe that makes an elegant weeknight meal.
Williams Sonoma  

Apple Crostata with Cheddar Crust
The perfect appetizer. It's sweet, savory, and sensational. Just add company.
Martha Stewart 

Butternut Squash Apple Soup with Sage Parmesan Croutons
The savory Autumn flavors in this soup promise to bring all of the comforts of the season.
Well Plated

Cheesecake Stuffed Baked Apples
Oh my!  Top it off with caramel sauce, graham cracker crumbs, and pecans for the ultimate no-fuss Autumn dessert! 
Le Creme De La Crumb

Cornelius Applejack
I have always heard of Applejack, but have not actually tried it. What about you? It takes over 60 pounds of fresh apples to produce one of these bottles of Applejack! This spirited bottle is made in Valatie, New York. 
Mouth 

Kerber's Farm Apple Pie Kit
A beautiful taste of Fall to send across the miles. Exclusive to 
Neiman Marcus

Salmon Gravlax Apple And Crispy Kale Smorrebrod
What a beautiful bite and open face sandwich! This is brunch on a platter.
Saveur  

Peanut Butter Caramel Apples
Okay, so I found another one, maybe better than the recipe above. To me chocolate and peanut butter is the perfect pairing. 
The Spruce

P.S. You can find those stylish sticks at Amazon

Orange Spice Apple Cider Cocktails
All you’ll need to make this drink are a few bags of Private Selection orange spice black tea, a few cinnamon sticks, a fresh orange and some spiced rum if you want to make it boozy. And of course you do. With my fresh Wisconsin Apple Cider, these will be happening.
The Plant Philosophy

P.S. That fabulous glass is from World Market

Caramel Apple Blondie Pie
This recipe is killer. Buttery sweet layers of cake and caramelized apples add up to the perfect Fall dessert. The secret to the flaky crust is baking it in a cast iron skillet. Watch the video at
Southern Living

DIY Goat's Milk Caramel Apple Kit
Here's a big bite of Fall. This set would make even a bushel of grocery-bought apples feel fancy. Why not send a set to a college student? They will love it.
Food52


~ You May Also Love ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.