"" Shop This: Saturdays At Shop This: It's All About Mom

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Saturdays At Shop This: It's All About Mom


Not to forget Mothers of boys, but I have one child, and she is a beautiful young woman. This photo just reminds me of the two of us, and what I use to put her through. Today's post is all about Mothers, from gifts to songs, to DIY bouquets and more. I also celebrate my own Mama's birthday, which would have been today.  Cheers, Mom. You were the best.  Here are some fun and thoughtful links to wrap up the week.

If you have a daughter, both of you will love this article: "Learning to Love the Clothes My Mother Bought Me." How a mother and daughter's lifetime of fashion clashes reached a détente.  Ms. Shop This, I formally apologize for all of the tights and hair bows I insisted that you wore. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
No gift for mom? There is still time, but you have to think fast, and shop faster. Thank goodness for stores like Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, and Macy's. They let you buy your item online and it'll be waiting for you to pick it up in the store. I do it all of the time. 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Christy Turlington Burns Wants To Make Every Day Mother’s Day. Christy has recently founded "Every Mother Counts," a non-profit organization dedicated to maternal health programs around the world. Read about this inspiring organization that has affected over 600,000 lives to date.
 Barneys New York.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Here are two fresh ideas:Make a Quick and Easy Mother’s Day Bouquet. Get the "how to" at Etsy and Anthropologie.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
How to celebrate Mother's Day When You Have Lost Your Mom. A thoughtful read at Well + Good.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Are you hosting Mother's Day at your home? Here's a Pretty In Pastel Mother's Day Table for your inspiration, at One Kings Lane
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
My own Mama loved Rhubarb. If you do too, you are in luck. It's Rhubarb season, and it is Spring's darling.  Saveur has a roundup of 18 recipes that go beyond pie.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Moms just want to spend time with their children, especially the older and busier they get. If you are out of ideas, what about a cooking class at Sur La Table? This always sounds fun to me.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I don't want to forget the Moms of fur babies, like my friend Sharon and her sweet Trixie, and Sara and handsome little Fritz. Enjoy the unconditional love today. Neiman Marcus has a pet and home sale going on until the 14th.  See the dog beds and accessories HERE
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And finally, I thank Ms. Shop This, for giving me the gift of Motherhood. I am so proud of you. You were crazy for Madonna back in the day, but you might not know this tune. This song is for you. “Little Star” by Madonna.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Amrita Singh Jewelry



I tried to be the "cool mom." I am sure that sometimes I failed royally. Here's to all of the Moms of the world. Our job is a difficult one, but oh so rewarding. All we can do is our very best! 

XOXOX
Deb
Shop This




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.