"" Shop This: Foodie Friday ~ Sugar High: Make Your Own Candy

Friday, October 30, 2015

Foodie Friday ~ Sugar High: Make Your Own Candy



Candy is dandy, but with Halloween happening tomorrow, it is on the top of my mind today. Most people have a sweet tooth. I have sweet teeth! Sugar is not a body's friend, but I sure love the stuff. Problem is that I like only the best of candy, not what is on the drugstore shelf. Making my own, not only is fun, but it gives me comfort knowing that what I eat lacks preservatives, additives, and artificial coloring. With that being said, maybe these recipes are healthy? Nah, they are just delicious!




HERE: 17 Ways To Get A Sugar High

Loaded Peanut Butter Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Fudge 
This fudge is made from a base of dulce de leche, sweetened condensed milk, a touch of peanut butter and lots of chocolate. All I can say is OMG!
Half Baked Harvest

Snickers
This was always the candy bar to get. My poor daughter never quite got to taste hers, as Mr Shop This always picked through her haul of candy and took them. These surely are better when homemade.
How Sweet It Is

Fruit and Nut Bars
Make your own candy bar, anyway you like it.  These confections make a chic little gift! Watch a video at....
Pop Sugar

Chocolate Covered Roasted Pumpkin Seed Turtle Clusters
This recipe is said to be idiot proof. I absolutely love pumpkin seeds. Add salt and chocolate? Count me in.
Half Baked Harvest

Licorice Wands
Aren't these fun? And they just couldn't be any more simple.  Have the kids make them, it will be a fun project for all. You can find the flavored licorice at Amazon. Recipe at
Pastry Affair

The Sweet Book Of Candy Making
A highly regarded book of over 50 mouthwatering recipes. Download the Kindle version or get the book.
Amazon

Strawberry Marshmallows
If you haven't had a flavored homemade marshmallow, you are missing out. These remind me of The 24 Hour Sweets Table in The Club Floor Lounge at The Ritz Carlton San Francisco. They had tall apothecary jars filled with colorful flavored marshmallows. Beautiful!
Saveur

Salted Caramel Nut Brittle
This recipe had me at  "fleur de sel."  It's a perfect recipe for gifting. 
Completely Delicious

DIY Baking Kit
"This kit includes ingredients, tools, and instructions to create your own gummy bears, ganache-filled truffles, peanut butter cups, coconut-mint patties, licorice, and marshmallows (both regular and chocolate-dipped!)"
Food52

Homemade Cracker Jack
For fans of the boxed variety, this recipe will bring back their childhood and then some.
Food52

Cherry-Pistachio Nougat
I remember visiting my mother-in-law's home, and looking forward to her crystal bowl of Italian Nougat candy. It wasn't homemade, but I sure loved it. Anything with meringue has got to be good!
Bon Appetit

Chocolate Stout Truffles & GF White Chocolate Lavender Truffles
Let's call these his and hers truffles. Both look deliciously indulgent to me.
Sweet Treats Baking Blog

Sriracha Lollipops
The devil is in the details of your next adult party. Also a great treat for tailgaters. 
Sprinkle Bakes

The Constellation Chocolate Collection: 21 Pieces by 21 Acclaimed Chefs
If candy is not your specialty, but you wish to gift a chocoholic. This box is special. "From Michael Mina’s caramel flecked with Maldon sea salt to Traci Des Jardins' exquisitely smooth dark truffle made with single origin cacao." Now this is a gift!
IfOnly

Bensdorp Cocoa
Good candy begins with quality cocoa. I have enjoyed a hot chocolate with this very special powder. It was simply beyond!
Dean & Deluca

Turtle Pretzel Candy Clusters
"Caramel, pecans, and salty pretzels combine into small bites of pure happiness."
My Baking Addiction


Microwave Caramels
Microwave? Really? I think we all need to whip up a batch, and pass them out this Halloween!
Cooking Classy

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 





~ You May Also Enjoy ~



Host A Haute Halloween Cocktail Party. Recipes & More!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.