"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Up Your Game With Chili 15 Ways

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Foodie Friday: Up Your Game With Chili 15 Ways


Last week, Foodie Friday's finds were not your usual football fare. There were recipes for Crispy Salmon BLT Sliders, Baked Bacon Cheese Onion Dip, Margarita Cupcakes and more. Today we celebrate football with chili. No other single menu item scores higher with football fans. Since you must have your own recipe, I've included in this culinary collection, chili recipes that are outside of the pot. Think, peaches, peppers, pineapple and chipotle!


Shop Le Creuset

HERE: 15 Winning Sweet, Spicy, Smok'n Chili Recipes 


Chili Con Carne
This recipe got my attention as it includes chorizo sausage as an ingredient. That's something I haven't tried. It also includes chocolate, which is my own secret ingredient to a good chili!


Three Bean Chili Pot Pies
Aren't these fun? The pie part of the recipe is made from corn bread biscuits!
How Sweet It Is


Peachy Pepper Pot Chili
This gets my vote for the most unique chili recipe. Something about the marriage of sweet fruit and spicy peppers really sounds interesting. Just look at all of that melted cheese!
Liz Ventures


 Smoky Black Bean And Sweet Potato Chili
A sweet and smoky recipe that is also vegetarian. The sweet potatoes really add a dose of color to this dish. 


White Chicken Chili
This is a quick (35 minutes) and easy recipe with a lighter touch. It just may be the perfect dish for those wanting to keep their New Year's resolution of eating healthier.
Give Me Some Oven


Turkey and Black Turtle Bean Chili
I have not cooked with a turtle bean, but it is a dried black bean. And though the recipe doesn't say, I would make this with ground breast of turkey for an almost fat free dish!
Williams Sonoma Taste


Beef and Black Bean Chili with Toasted Cumin Crema and Avocado Relish
You can always count of chef Bobby Flay's food to be layered with bold flavors, just like I enjoy. The list of ingredients also includes black beer. How interesting!


Pork Chili Verde
Made with green salsa, this is one unique take on chili. The addition of cilantro and green onions takes it up a notch!


Cincinnati Chili
This is new to me, as I have never heard of this dish. Said to be thinner than regular chili and made with lamb instead of beef. Layering it over spaghetti noodles really makes it unique.


Pineapple Pork Chili
I am planning to make chili from pork tenderloin on Sunday. This recipe is almost devoid of seasonings except for tablespoon of chili powder, so I won't be making it. However, the addition of pineapple really intrigues me. I think I will add that to my own sweet and spicy rendition. 
BHG


Chile Con Jamie
Have a wood burning fireplace? This cowboy style recipe will wow your guests. Chef Jamie Oliver uses  beef brisket with an added secret ingredient - coffee.
Jamie Oliver


Pork Cheek and Black Eyed Pea Chili
Have you ever had a pork cheek? The thought of it isn't very appealing, but I'm here to tell you that they are delicious and tender. I have also had black eyed Peas, and have to admit, I do not care for them. But....for all of my Southern readers, this Michael Symon recipe is for you.
Food and Wine


Crock Pot Vegetarian Buffalo Cauliflower Chili
This is not what you think it is. You won't be using bison or buffalo in this dish. The name comes from "Buffalo Sauce," as in Buffalo wings. The cauliflower adds the thickness. Such an intriguing recipe, I just had to include it.
Kitchen Treaty


Vegetarian Quinoa Chili
Beans and quinoa team up to make this chili a protein powerhouse. Said to be very filling, and it is oh so colorful!
Two Peas In Their Pod


 Vegetarian Chili Three Ways
Even meat lovers will love these delicious recipes. You will find all the ingredients for Curry, Pumpkin and Black and White Chili. Oh and Fritos are in the mix!

~ You May Also Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.