"" Shop This: Independence Day Deliciousness ~ Recipes and More

Friday, June 27, 2014

Independence Day Deliciousness ~ Recipes and More

(Via Honestly Yum)

As I have said before, I just love the 4th of July.  I don't even have to be doing anything and I still can have a good time.  All one has to do is "look up." I loved the sparklers my Dad bought me, and the homemade ice cream my Mother made for us. A favorite memory of July 4th is many moons ago, I fell in love with Mr. Shop This. (Sweet, I know.) This year, I will be spending the holiday with my sister, Carole, and that makes me very happy!  She is a grill master, if I ever knew one. So, Sister, which dish do you want me to bring?





Manhattan Ice Cream Float
Oh let's start with dessert! Just like a Manhattan but only better with heavy cream, black cherry soda and more.  Yummy!


Andouille Corn Dogs 
An updated recipe for an American classic!
Glazed Japanese Chicken Meatballs 
Anything on a stick is better! The quintessential Japanese bar food, can also be a fun appetizer at a barbecue or picnic.


Cheese And Onion Dip
The fun factor in this recipe is the homemade star-shaped tortilla chips. You can find the mini star cutter at Sur La Table. Recipe at


Blood Orange And Coconut Creamsicles
Fresh, natural and vegan, these look like heaven on a stick! I am also thinking a little rum would be good!


The Milano Collection
Made of enameled steel, these french dishware sets are happy indoors or out. Mix things up and pair with fabulous linens.


BLT Potato Salad
It's time to step up Grandma's recipe. Add bacon and tomatoes and you get a fresh remix.

The Perfect Tomato Salad
What a beautiful dish and quite easy to make. Balsamic vinegar and basil is a perfect pairing with tomatoes.


Donna Morgan Fort Tray
You've been served! What a perfect patriotic presentation for the 4th and beyond.


Steak Tacos with Cilantro-Radish Salsa
Radishes are the key to the crunchy salsa. 
Bon Appetit



Bourbon Sweet Tea
Sweet Tea made my Grandmother happy. I wonder if she was spiking hers with bourbon, too? Knowing that would make me smile!
Goop


Chocolate Dipped Watermelon 
I don't remember a childhood 4th of July without homemade ice cream and watermelon. If you can believe, this simple recipe has only 77 calories. Even a dieter can try a bite.


Heirloom Tomato Tart with Ricotta and Basil
What a Summer showstopper! Make this ahead of your party and serve at room temperature.


Red, White and Blue Margarita
Guaranteed to be Firecracker-rific!


Wooden Flatware Set
Ban the not so pretty plastic cutlery add a little pizazz to your outdoor party. Love it!


Sorbet Watermelon Wedges
How fun! This is an impressive dessert.


Smoked Pork Loin With 
Blackberry Chutney
From the world-renowned pro pitmaster and chef Melissa Cookston's new cookbook, Smokin' in the Boys' Room.


Stars and Stripes Chef Apron
Gift the grillmaster with this all American apron.
Sur La Table

Red White and Blue Berry Pie
This calls for an easy bake Pillsbury pie crust. Not ideal, but if you are not a baker, it is an fast fix.
Bill Scott Group


Caesar Salad Deviled Eggs
Everyone has a deviled egg recipe, and many times, it is their Mothers'. Why not try something different?  

Monogram Coasters
Now 70% off and just the right little touch for any Summer party.


Guacamole BLT
Little sandwiches for the perfect patriotic picnic or lunch by the pool.


Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
The perfect bite and happy ending!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Abt.com


You May Also Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.