"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: A Celebration Of French Food

Friday, June 6, 2014

Foodie Friday: A Celebration Of French Food

(Via Etsy)

Beginning today , the eyes of the world will be on Normandy, and the 70th Anniversary of D-Day. The Battle at Normandy was the worst of times, But today we celebrate freedom and the lives of those lost, my own uncle included, with some fabulous French food!

Bon Appetit!


Shop Le Creuset



Ratatouille Brunch Bake
 A French peasant dish that is as colorful as the language. A fun company recipe!
The Woks Of Life


How to Make French Crepes
Without a French bone in my body (though my husband and daughter both are of French descent) I grew up on French crepes! Go figure. As a child I was very fond of these wafer thin delights spread with butter and jelly, then sprinkled with powdered sugar.  Here is an authentic but easy recipe to follow.
Spicie Foodie


Petits Croques-Monsieur
The French sure know how to elevate a ham and cheese sandwich! And those cute cornichons!
Taste


Chocolate Soufflé With Hazelnut Ganache
Don't be afraid of a souffle. It's alright to be perfectly imperfect!
SBS Australia


Verrine Fraicheur: Cucumber, Yogurt and Smoked Salmon
The perfect dish to cool off with in the warmer months!
La Tartine Gourmande


Almond Praline Profiterole Stack
And the average delicious profiterole just got kicked up a notch.  These sure look fun.
Taste


Onion Soup With Cabernet Franc
Is there a better soup? Not in my book. Find this beautiful recipe at
Gourmet Traveller


Seared-Tuna Niçoise Salad with 
Sesame-Miso Dressing
One of my favorite salads has been reimagined in the most beautiful fashion.  How impressive!
Food and Wine


Coquilles St-Jacques 
(Gratinéed Scallops)
This was the first meal I prepared for my husband after we were married. It's a rich dish, and probably best served as an appetizer. I happen to love the look of it. The taste is divine!
Saveur


Crème Brulée
I have always wanted to make this but don't have a kitchen torch! I think it is high time I get one.  This recipe is easy yet impressive.
30 Pounds Of Apples

Here is a rather inexpensive torch at Sur La Table



A French Press Cold Brew
After my Meg spent a Summer in Paris, she came back stating that we HAD TO get a French Press Coffee Maker. It was the only way to enjoy a cup of coffee. We tried it, and it is great fun, and I hear, full of flavor. After reading this article, you'll say "oui," too.
The Kitchn

P.S. I love Bodum's Gold EILEEN 8-Cup French Press Coffee Maker at Zappos Ooh La La!


Summer Tomato Bouillabaisse
With Basil Rouille
One of my favorite restaurant meals. And that piece of bread is essential to getting every drop of the wine enhanced sauce.
Bon Appetit


Cherry Blossom Macarons
And though I have never tried to make a French Macaron, I've enjoyed a few in my day. These were just too pretty not to include. Note to my friend, Mollie, you simply must visit Ladurée when visiting Paris!
Anna and Blue


Aran Goyoaga’s Wild Mushroom, 
Taleggio And Fig Tarts (Gluten Free)
A savory, gluten free dish by the creator of Cannelle et Vanille. How lovely to serve with a salad for brunch!
Taste-Williams Sonoma


Tomato Tarte Tatin 
A tarte tatin is so very French! Make it with tomatoes and it becomes a Summer favorite for me. Such a burst of color and sunshine for the plate! Sweet and Savory.
The Boston Globe


Double Chocolate Mousse
One of my very favorite things on earth!  Chocolate is paired with  Crème Chantilly for a very elegant dessert.
Huffington Taste


Parisian Breakfast: Quiche with Brussels Sprouts, Shallots, and Dill
 Flaky buttery crust with a different technique to making the filling. Read about it at
Food 52




You haven't had an eclair until you have tried one of Chef Adam's at L'Eclair De Genie located in Paris' Marais neighborhood.


L'Éclair De Genie
14 Rue Pavée, 75004 Paris, France
+33 1 42 77 85 11

Shop for Party Favors @ Beau-coup.com



You May Also Enjoy
Foodie Friday: Go Fish! 
15 Stylish Seafood Recipes


2 comments:

  1. Love looking at your beautiful photos. Your taste is so lovely and eloquent. Good job on your blog - its so much fun!
    Candice Schuster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much, Candice, I so appreciate your kind words. Please come back again and again!

      Delete

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.