"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Go Fish! 15 Stylish Seafood Recipes

Friday, March 7, 2014

Foodie Friday: Go Fish! 15 Stylish Seafood Recipes


Today is the first Friday of Lent, of interest to many of you who grew up Catholic. Besides the day to day rigors and wrath of the nuns, after 12 years of Parochial School, we also had to refrain from eating meat on Fridays during Lent. For many that meant, soggy frozen fish sticks.  For me it meant the beginning of a lifetime love of seafood!  God bless my parents for introducing me to seafood early - lobster, oysters, lake perch, smelt, I ate it all. And so did my daughter, whose fave food at the age of 4 was "thresher shark." If you aren't a fish lover yet, take a look at these recipes.  I think they may just convert you to my part of the world!

Here: 15 Seafood Recipes That Will Get You Through The Next 40 days and 40 nights.

Shop Nantucket Home


Seared Sea Scallops with Gingered Pea Purée and Cilantro Gremolata
What an exciting looking dish! Made with fresh pea puree, it is a perfect choice for Spring.

Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro, Lime, and Peanuts
In my view, grilling is the best way to prepare shrimp.  Add some citrus and you could be done, but Martha takes shrimp to another level.
Martha Stewart

Baja Fish Tacos
If you are not a fish eater, this may be the way to begin.
Half Baked Harvest

Cashew Crusted Grouper
I have not been impressed by any grouper that I have had to date, but then again, I haven't tried Chef Daniel Boulud's. Sounds divine.

Peach Salsa Spaghetti And Seared Scallops
How beautiful is this dish?


Smoky Oyster Chowder with Bacon, Rosemary and Fennel
One of my favorite things on earth - Oyster Chowder! Yet I have never had it with bacon. Sounds divine!

Seafood Cocktail
Crab, lobster and shrimp, create this standout appetizer.  Jalapeño pepper gives it a kick.

Grilled Swordfish with Eggplant and Pepper Salad  
Recipe adapted from Bobby Flay's.

Fresh Pasta with Prawns and Lemon Oil
Fresh seafood and fresh homemade pasta. What's not to love?
William-Sonoma

Classic Coquilles St Jacques
Because this dish is so rich and creamy, less is more.  So these fab shells are the perfect way to serve this as an amazing appetizer.
Bas Cooking

You can buy a set of pour of these baking shells very inexpensively at
Amazon

Pizza Al Frutti Di Mare
One of my favorite type of pizzas!
Cuisineaz.com

Grilled Salmon Glazed with Rosemary- and Lemon-Infused Honey
Oh my! I think this is a must try recipe.
Saveur

Lobster Mac and Cheese
Recipe created by Mark Gaier and Clark Frasier. YUM!
Oprah.com

Beer Battered Fish
Another great way to test the seafood waters for people who think they don't like fish.  Just add tarter sauce!
Martha Stewart

Crab Cake Benedict
A great idea for your next company brunch!
The Cuisinerd
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Shop Le Creuset


You May Also Enjoy
Slow Good: Slow Cooker Cuisine  
Recipes And More


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.