"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: A Basket Of Picnic Perfect Recipes

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Foodie Friday: A Basket Of Picnic Perfect Recipes

(Via Sunset)

A picnic at heart is a simple meal - under a tree, in a field of flowers or in the back yard.  The exercise of packing the basket is a thoughtful process, and the food should be, too.  There is a treasure trove of picnic perfect recipes available.  Last weekend Mr. Shop This, asked if I wanted to go on a picnic. I declined. Silly me! I do hope he asks again.

Go Ahead. Pack a Picnic. Find Inspiration Here.




Sur La Table Up To 75% Off Clearance Sale



Baguette With Avocado, Gorgonzola And Figs
If you love anything sweet and savory, like I do, this is a most appealing concoction. And how fun to feed the whole family!

Green Bean and Peach Salad
A beautiful dish that features caramelized onions and balsamic vinegar.

Rare Roast Beef Baguettes With Roast Tomato And Currant Chutney
Lisa Featherby and Alice Storey's recipe is picture and picnic perfect.


Watermelon Sugar Cookies
I personally think that some form of watermelon should be included in every picnic. I couldn't resist these cookies that have been dipped in white chocolate and then dipped again in green pearlized sugar.



Sweet Potato Chip Chicken
So, I might be the only person you know that does not like fried chicken. It's a long story.  But when I saw this recipe, made with "sweet potato" chips, it did get my attention. It's is also oven baked, which has got to be healthier. Drumstick anyone?


Eggs With Mustard Dill Cream
Elevate the average hard boiled egg with this super easy but beautiful dish.


Asparagus Potato Salad
Gluten Free
What an American beauty! It's mayo free and fabulous.

Rosemary Lemon Bars
I read about these "crazy good" lemon bars on a fab blog, Give Me Some Oven. And it's true, they do sound good - again sweet and savory. A lemon bar is tasty anytime but really does scream Summer.



Pan Bagnat: Le French Tuna 
Salad Sandwich
Flavor filled bread is dressed with salad Nicoise! Not your average tuna sandwich.


Black Pepper and Honey-Marinated Cantaloupe With Basil
My Mother always sprinkled salt on Cantaloupe and Watermelon.  I thought it odd. Now I know that Mama knew best! This recipe also calls for sea salt. Divine!

Layered Chicken Salad With 
Coriander Yogurt Dressing
I so love the idea of serving individual salads on a picnic.  So healthy and colorful! You can find similar jars at Sur La Table. Recipe at

Collapsible Wooden Plates (Set of 20)
Minimalist style for outdoor dining. These compostable wooden trays are made from a balsa wood and wrapped in a rice paper finish.  I have never seen anything quite like them. Have you?


Portobello Mushroom and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
With the addition of sundried tomatoes, this is one flavorful sandwich that can be served warm or chilled. 


Layered Torta with Ham, Provolone, 
Spinach, and Herbs
A sandwich pie! This make ahead recipe is said to be easier than it looks. 


Sopressata and Provolone 
Italian Pressed Sandwiches
Aren't these pretty? These sandwiches travel well.  If you are like me and love how these Italian sammies are tied, you can find some fab red twine at Sur LaTable.  The recipe is at




Strawberry Mini Cakes
These just look delightful.  Picnicking with a typical layer cake can be difficult and messy. Powdered sugar dusted mini cakes are so perfect for a sweet treat.




Handwoven Picnic Tote
This handwoven basket is the best I have seen this year.  Sold exclusively at 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~







You May Also Enjoy

Foodie Friday: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.