"" Shop This: Slow Good: Slow Cooker Cuisine - Recipes And More

Friday, January 10, 2014

Slow Good: Slow Cooker Cuisine - Recipes And More



Today's inspiration comes straight from my husband and daughter. Mr. Shop Style has wanted one for years. I protested. I may just be a bit of a food snob, wanting my food to look pretty or at least appetizing. Dumping a bunch of ingredients in a pot just didn't appeal. Well, the darling daughter bought her Father a "slow cooker" for Christmas, and he is in hog heaven! Now that I have discovered that the best recipes include searing meat prior to cooking, I'm down.

Here's why this girl is getting to be fast friends with that darn slow cooker!


Best in Modern Design

Cornish Hen in Port Wine 
and Fig Preserves
Just the right size to fit in a slow cooker. Love the pairing with figs and wine. Get the recipe at


Sour Cream Cheesecake
My first thought was, really? You must be kidding! Do read the recipe, the steam created with the closed lid, makes good sense. Now can you keep the lid closed?

Chili Con Carne With Cheddar Scallion Biscuit
With ingredients like means cocoa powder, chipotles in adobo, and a bit of Worcestershire sauce, how can this recipe not be great?
Gourmet


Thick and Creamy Crockpot 
Coconut Hot Chocolate
Love hot chocolate? I bet you haven't had one as good as this. Do yourself a favor and click thru, you'll love how the recipe is written.
How Sweet It Is


Slow Cooker Barbecued Pulled Pork
The Slow Cooker was made for pork! This recipe with molasses and apple cider vinegar sounds just right.
Food And Wine


Tres Leches Bread Pudding
Oh my! Doesn't that sound good?
Cooking Channel TV

Crock Pot Risotto with Gourmet Mushrooms
Mushroom Risotto is one of my favorite things.  It is not easy to make and one must be very mindful of stirring what seems like forever.  So I am intrigued. I never quite heard of a "gourmet mushroom." Just guessing they mean shitake, porcini or cremini.
Kitchen Scoop


Michael Graves Slow Cooker
Perfect for the contemporary kitchen!
JCPenney


Emeril's Slow-Cooker Split-Pea Soup
To me, there is no better soup than Split Pea.  I have never found one I didn't like. To be able to create it in a pot and cook it all day, even makes it better. Find Emeril's recipe at
Martha Stewart

Walnut-Stuffed Apples
Rated 5 Stars, this is a recipe to try!
My Recipes


Balsamic-Glazed Brussels Sprouts 
With Pine Nuts
This America's Test Kitchen recipe looks fab.
Yum Sugar


Crock-Pot 3040BC Slow Cooker, 4 Qt. 
I highly recommend this model, because it is the one we have. It may not be big enough if you have a large family, but for the two of us, it's perfect! The price is less than $30!
Macy's


Thomas Keller's Slow-Cooker Cassoulet
An adaptation of the Languedoc specialty from Thomas Keller, the internationally acclaimed chef of The French Laundry, in Northern California
Williams-Sonoma


Rich Maple Crème Caramel
I am amazed that this is possible!
Huffington Post


~ ~ ~ ~ ~





~ ~ ~ ~ ~

How To Adapt A Recipe To A Slow Cooker

From Food52
If your recipe requires a certain amount of time in the oven, it will require a longer cooking time in the crock pot. As a general rule, 1 hour of cooking at 350 °F equals 6 to 8 hours on a low setting or 4-6 hrs.on high.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

You May Also Enjoy
Foodie Friday: Comfort Cuisine - 14 
Recipes For A Cold Winter's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.