"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Comfort Cuisine. 14 Recipes For A Cold Winter's Day.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Foodie Friday: Comfort Cuisine. 14 Recipes For A Cold Winter's Day.


cwonder.com

Baby it's cold out there!  And if you haven't resolved to lose weight this New Year, your mind is on comforting foods that make you feel warm and fuzzy, and of course, taste delicious. Forget about the calorie counts.  Take these yummy recipes for what they are:

Comfort Cuisine. Recipes For A Cold Winter's Day.

Onion Soup with Loads of Thyme and
 Giant Gruyère Crostini

Fantasy in a bowl!  It's the perfect snow day
staple.  I can just smell that thyme now!

Marcus Samuelsson's
Beer-Braised Short Ribs Recipe

Can you believe that I have never had a short rib?
Everyone I know gets a hankering for them in the colder months.  I just might have to try this recipe from one of the best chef's in America.


Thomas Keller's Chicken Pot Pie
Adapted from Ad Hoc at Home

Famed chef/owner of Per Se and French Laundry,
Thomas Keller, doesn't always turn out only gastronomic dishes. He isn't afraid of one pot dishes. Here's an adaptation of his smooth and savory pot pie.


Tuscan Bean Soup

Olive oil is used three ways in this version of the venerable Italian soup. No spoon required. Just dip that crunchy garlic bread!

Free-Form Sausage-and-Three-Cheese Lasagna

Gooey, saucy, cheesy. This is a classic recipe
that can be composed any way you want it.
My kind of recipe!


Barefoot Contessa's Lobster Mac And Cheese

Now, this is my comfort food!
With Gruyere cheese and nutmeg, the aroma
must be divine. I'm in!

Pumpkin Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread 
With Maple Glaze

Think cinnamon rolls on crack! I have heard 
that this recipe is to die for. Give it a try.

Polenta With Fontina and Eggs

A traditional Italian comfort food, Polenta, is paired with America's any meal favorite - eggs. Perfect for any meatless Monday!


Mario Batali's Meat Loaf Stuffed with 
Prosciutto and Spinach

You must read the mouth watering ingredients.
This one is a must try!

Chicken Parmesan Soup

A warm bowl of comfort!  Despite the crunchy
bread, this recipe is actually rather light.

Grilled Fontina, Mushroom, and Sage Sandwiches

This Grilled Cheese is all grown up but just as
comforting as the one you ate as a kid-only better.
Here's a collection of over the top
cheese sandwich recipes.
Food And Wine


Pulled Pork Macaroni and Cheese with Caramelized Onions and Four Cheeses

This sounds as if it is over the top indulgence!
I know that the caramelized onions are good as I
add them to my own version.  Recipe at
I-Village

Portillo's Chocolate Cake

The absolute best Chocolate Cake I have ever had, except for my own, is from Portillo's in Chicago.
Everyone in Chicago feels the same. I was so shocked to find out that my own delish cake is made the same way as theirs!  You can make it, too. Recipe at
Center Cut Cook



Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Cocktail

What's better than a Hot Toddy? This decadent concoction made with your favorite chocolate liquor!
The Snappy Gourmet

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 



You May Also Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.