"" Shop This: It's Foodie Friday! Countdown To Thanksgiving: 19 Sensational Sides

Friday, November 8, 2013

It's Foodie Friday! Countdown To Thanksgiving: 19 Sensational Sides



I am getting excited for Thanksgiving.
How about you? I'll be cooking up a storm in NYC. If you enjoy bold flavors and an unusual ingredient here or there, I know you'll find a new dish or two that inspires your own meal. 
Bon Appetit!


(Via Saveur)


Rosemary Roasted Carrots
Made with heirloom carrots. How beautiful!
Love the presentation. I found a very similar platter at Viva Terra  Recipe at Oh My Veggies

Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese
Without a doubt, this version of potatoes will
be on my Thanksgiving table this year.
Food52


Brussels Sprout, Apple, and Bacon Hash
Love the idea of sweet and savory combinations!
Martha Stewart


Wild Mushroom and Root 
Vegetable Gratin
Chef Ryan Burger's of Blackberry Farm recipe
Williams Sonoma

Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Brown 
Butter and Sage
Delight your guests with a pasta course!
You just might start a new tradition.
Bon Appetit


Sweet Potato Souffle
We all know and love sweets with marshmallow topping. So here's a little something different.
With ingredients like, Gruyère cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano and nutmeg...it has to be good.
Williams Sonoma

Shallot And Balsamic Glazed Green Beans with Goat Cheese
A more modern and elegant version of the classic
green been casserole. Recipe at
Cupcakes and Kale Chips

Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
Another recipe I think I must do this year.
This might even beat Mom's Yeast Rolls!
holiday.ziploc.com

Haricots Verts with Walnuts, Goat Cheese and Cranberry Vinaigrette
Goat cheese makes everything better! 
Find this colorful recipe at
Le Creuset


Sausage Pear Stuffing
Italian sausage, fennel, pears...oh my!
Martha Stewart


Honey Dijon Brussels Sprouts Over Cauliflower Mashed
"This pretty as a picture dish" has got to
be yummy! It also calls for pancetta.
A Beautiful Bite

Apple, Bacon and Cheddar Stuffing
Gluten Free
This sounds ridiculously good. I have never added
cheese to my stuffing, but why not?
Cupcakes and Kale Chips


Roasted Squash, Apple, 
and Cipollini Onion Salad
I don't normally do a salad at Thanksgiving,
but this is so appealing, it might be a nice addition.
Whole Living

Baked Stuffed Pumpkin
One part fondue and one part stuffing!
Wait to you read the yummy ingredients
A Beautiful Bite


Roasted Beets with Orange 
and Crème Fraîche
A simple and colorful side dish.  I know
a girl named Meghan that would love this.
Saveur


Prosciutto-Bread Stuffing with Sausage
There is one ingredient I would add, SAGE!
I can't imagine a dressing without it.
Food and Wine


Mashed Maple Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
A kicked up version of an old favorite. Sounds fab!
Food52


Candied Ginger Cranberry Sauce
I have made this before. It's easy and fabulous.
The triple sec makes it!
A Beautiful Mess

Potato Mousseline
So simple looking but a sophisticated 
take on your basic mashed.
New York Times

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Fun Fall Finds


You May Also Enjoy
Foodie Friday: Everything Pumpkin. Sweet And Savory Recipes


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.