"" Shop This: All Things French And Fabulous

Sunday, July 14, 2013

All Things French And Fabulous


Shop Le Creuset

Happy Bastille Day to France!
In honor of this special day, I
present a few of my favorite
French things.



Mademoiselle Coco Chanel
I have a small collection of her jewelry,
and they are some of my favorite things.



You can pick up your own vintage
WGACA pieces at Shop Bop



Coco Chanel's Apartment
31 Rue Cambon
Notice the ultra chic Coromandel screens.
More at Habitually Chic


Designer Olivier Gagnère mixes exotic textiles and bold colors in his Left Bank flat.  The French
have a special way of combining colors and
objects nonchalantly, but perfectly.
Elle Decor







Orange Crush: Hermes Birkin Bag
"The bag is a symbol of wealth due to its high price and elusiveness to the public. It was named after actress and singer Jane Birkin, its prices range from $9.000 to $150.000. It is highly coveted and, for several years, was reputed for having a waiting list of up to 6 years; the longest wait for any bag in history."




Even better than a Birkin Bag, the enamel
Hermes Bracelet is always exciting to me.
i have a tiny collection of these, as well.
See the current choices at Hermes




Poires Belle Hélène
This classic French recipe was invented Paris in the 19th century and named after an 
opera by Offenbach.
Recipe Here



I so love French architecture.  Above,
a Rococo folly that  was perfection to
Carolyne Roehm



I remember the first time I saw the Louvre
It took my breath away.  Learn more here


Lemon Tart With Toasted Meringue
by Pierre Hermé.
Paris Loves Pastry





Christian Louboutin


Christian Louboutin not only creates the famous
red soled shoes for men and women, he fancies red for himself.



Louboutin's on The Seine.



You can have your own pair from stores
like Barney's New York




Parisian Chic
A book by former super model, Ines de la Fressange.  It's her personal guide to style and the city of lights.  Find it at Amazon




A trip to Paris must include a visit to Laudree.



The Laudree Macaroon, the prettiest
cookie ever made!



It is like being a kid in a very grown up
Candy store!

Guerlain

The House of Guerlain has created more than 700 fragrances to date, several of which are considered to be among the masterpieces of perfumery. Guerlain was founded in 1828, when Pierre~Francois-Pascal Guerlain opened his first boutique in Paris. 



The boutique on the Champs-Elysées.
I had the pleasure of visiting, after
being gifted with a full bottle of one of their
scents in my suite at the Ritz. 
Both, very special!  You can read more
and purchase their fine fragrances and
cosmetics at Nordstrom's

The Ritz

15 place Vendôme (1e), Paris, 75001 France


Like Princess Diana and heads of states,
I've had the fabulous experience of
staying at The Ritz.  It is now closed
for a two year complete renovation. 
I cannot wait to go back.  Read about
this legendary hotel
 here




I cannot be exactly sure, but after
a lovely upgrade, I think this was our suite.
It came complete with two balconies
and 11 closets!



Our bathroom was similar and also 
included a separate steam room with
steam benches for three and a bucket 
of chilled Evian water!



L’Espadon, The grand and ornate dining room.



And the Bellboys really did wear hats
like this.....without the Louboutins



Don't miss todays sales, including 
the Art of French Cooking at
One Kings Lane

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I could go on for days!
Instead I'll leave you with
one of my favorite quotes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.