"" Shop This: Lilly Pulitzer: The Princess of Prints

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Lilly Pulitzer: The Princess of Prints

Remembering Lilly
and Celebrating Her Colorful Life


The world of fashion lost an iconic designer
this week. Her preppy prints pleased the eye
of many fashionistas world wide, including former classmate, Jackie Kennedy.


"Jackie wore one of my dresses – it was made from kitchen curtain material – and people went crazy. They took off like zingo. Everybody loved them, and I went into the dress business." – Essentially Lilly, A Guide to Colorful Entertaining

And Brooke....


“My first memory of wearing Lilly Pulitzer goes back to when I was three years old in Southampton. Lilly bathing suits were part of my summer uniform, and I’ve been a fan ever since,” says Brooke Shields...." (more here)


Even little Suri Cruise rocked a Lilly.
Zappos and Nordstrom's both have cute 
collections of her children's line.


Literally....she married Peter Pulitzer and
moved to Palm Beach. In the shadow of her husband's citrus groves, she opened a juice stand.  And according to her website, she designed a printed sleeveless shift dress to disguise the juice stains..and the rest is fresh
and fruity fashion history.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
“I designed collections around whatever struck my fancy ... fruits, vegetables, politics, or peacocks! I entered in with no business sense. It was a total change of life for me, but it made people happy,” she told the Associated Press 
in March 2009




The shape of her shift dress hasn't changed
too much over the years. Just a little twist here and there, such as these playful stripes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


Lilly Pulitzer Decor creates a colorful home.
You can find her designs at Horchow


The Lilly Pulitzer collection from Taylor Creative
with a marvelous modern vibe. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Thoughts on Lilly

Diane von Furstenberg: "Lilly Pulitzer...Palm beach at its best! A timeless American style!

Michael Kors: "With her bold prints and sunny colors, Lilly taught the world about Palm Beach style." 

And mine....for me Ms. Pulitzer and her pretty prints will always be perennially preppy. I 
can't wait to return to her stores in 
Palm Beach, they are truly happy places.

 New Shop at The Breakers Hotel

~ ~ ~ ~ ~



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.