"" Shop This: 2013: The Year Of The Snake

Friday, February 1, 2013

2013: The Year Of The Snake

"Gung Hei Fat Choy"

 "Best wishes and Congratulations, have a prosperous and good year."  


Chinese New Year is February 10th.  It's the year of the snake, and I'm excited, as I secretly like snakes.  But more important, it is your year if you were born in Snake 蛇 (1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013)



The Red Envelope is customary for enclosing money and offering as gifts of prosperity. Some of the envelopes I have found are really stunning. I'd use them any day of the year. To get you in the mood for your own celebrations, I offer the following sensational snake inspirations.





Fornasetti's Jar by Bitossi Ceramiche is a piece that even Adam and Eve could relate to, with the red apple detail.Far Fetch


Pop Luck. Send wishes for a year of prosperity 
with this homemade and very chic card.
Etsy



One of a kind and Circa 1940, this pair of Vintage Side Chairs is very special. The snake carvings are exquisite! Layla Grayce

Jessica Kagen Cushman's Ebony Cuff is a clever choice for celebrating day or night. The artists' signature makes this bracelet very special.
Vivre

Tiffany and Co.'s signature Year of the Snake piece is from Elsa Peretti.  It's the essence of streamlined modernity. One will need much prosperity to celebrate with this expensive and exquisite necklace.



Even Starbucks is in on the celebration!  Perfect for gifting and something every coffee drinker will appreciate. Starbucks


A Pair of handblown Trumpet Vases are beautifully matched. 19th Century found at
1st Dibs


Baccarat celebrates with an artisan made 

Crystal Snake. Gumps
These French earrings have a story to tell, and I'm loving it. The design makes snakes sweet.
Forzieri


And perhaps my favorite find....a Chinoiserie Couture gown! The snake imagery slithers down the sheath with style. I only wish I knew who designed this lovely thing.
Chinoiserie Chic


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

 "Best wishes and Congratulations, have a prosperous and good year."

Stylebop Ltd.  

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.