"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Stay In With Cozy Comfort Food Recipes

Friday, January 12, 2018

Foodie Friday: Stay In With Cozy Comfort Food Recipes


The temp in Chicago when I started this post was 59. As I am finishing it up, it is now 21. It's going to be a cold and blustery weekend. Time to get cozy and cook. Don't we just love anything that gets slow-cooked, roasted or baked? Well, here's a recipe roundup that will give you all of the the warm fuzzies with flavor!

Explore the new Cerise Collection at LeCreuset.com!

HERE: 15 Recipes To Try On A Cold Winter's Day

Creamy Tomato Lobster & Shrimp Fettuccine
I am quite comfortable eating lobster and shrimp at any time of the year. How about you? I generally stay away from pasta because of the dreaded carbs. Even I have to admit that this rich bowl of tomato and seafood goodness looks ever so comforting!
Half Baked Harvest 

Herb & Cheese Braided Star Bread
Made with store bought puff pastry, this is a super yummy appetizer. Great on it's own but fab with a side of jam or honey. 
Spoon Fork Bacon 

Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Pots de Creme
As a child, pudding was my very favorite dessert, and I loved to make it. Of course it was out of the box. This recipe is thicker and richer, and irresistible.
 Kitchen McCabe

Vegetarian White Chili
This recipe offers all of the amazing flavors and spices of chili, but with a creaminess. If you want to make it vegan, you can swap out the whole milk for a dairy-free milk. It is a nutritious and flavor packed recipe that I think I will try.
Vegetarian Ventures

Chicken Cacciatore
Although the juicy chicken thighs that are center stage in this recipe are not my jam (no dark meat!), the entire dish does look delish. The chicken is slow cooked and is said to simply fall off the bone!
Cafe Delights 

 Baked Zucchini Fries
One of my favorite little snacks, but I haven't had them in years. The breading is crisp with Parmesan and herbs. And there are only 135 calories to a serving. YAY!
Damn Delicious 

Creamy Tomato Soup with Cheese Toast Croutons
Campbell's never looked like this! The grilled cheese croutons elevate this comfort food to a whole new level!
Simply Stacie 

German Chocolate Brownies
Who doesn't love a brownie? These are extra special with a  Pecan Crust and Coconut Pecan Topping. Yummy!
 Bakingdom 

Crockpot Three Cheese Mashed Potatoes
I think we all can agree that mashed potatoes are about as comforting as can be. These sound fabulous. I mean life is just too short to eat boring plain potatoes!
Half Baked Harvest 

Deep Dish Chicken Pot Pie
What a rustically impressive dish! It's made in a Springform pan, which I just love to use, especially for deep dish apple pie. Oh this is a good one!
Food52 

Mushroom Bolognese Spaghetti Squash Casserole { Gluten Free }
For those nights when you’re craving pasta, but don’t want to break the diet, you can count on spaghetti squash to save the day.
The Roasted Root

Matzo Ball Soup with Chicken Meatballs and Homemade Chicken Broth 
Not being Jewish, I did not grow up with this dish. After our daughter attended a Jewish pre-school, however, I started making Matzo Ball Soup. It was from a box. I cannot wait to make the real thing. I bet this soup can cure a cold!
Foodie Crush

Hot Chocolate Cake
"This Hot Chocolate Cake takes all the traditional elements of your favorite childhood drink and transforms them into a delicious dessert." I couldn't have said it better. And on a cold Winter's day, what could be more appealing than a cup of cocoa? The answer is in this recipe. Do click through to see the gooey marshmallow filling. It's beautiful.
The Cake Blog

4 Cheese Caprese Mac and Cheese
Forgive me if I have posted this recipe before.  I feel like I have but even so, it is too gorgeous not to share again. It's made with heirloom tomatoes, but if they aren't in season where you are now ( I saw some beauties in Florida at Christmas), you can substitute with an average tomato. Mac and cheese has got to be the ultimate in comfort food!
Half Baked Harvest

Chili Cheese Fries
The perfect snack to share. Why not pop open a few beers and sit down in front of the fire with this pleasing platter?
Real Food



~ You Will Also Love ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.