"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Fabulous French Recipes & Cooks' Tools

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Foodie Friday: Fabulous French Recipes & Cooks' Tools

{ Via: Kerri Hess }

I was super excited that Bastille Day landed on Foodie Friday. No need to say where my inspiration came from for this post! If you enjoy French fare, I think you will find that this recipe roundup  has a certain "je ne sais quoi." 
Bon appétit!

Wedding Banner (5)_728x90

HERE: 25 Ways To Celebrate

French Martini
The truth is, I am not a martini drinker. The ingredients in this classic cocktail however, just may make both you and I believers. Think raspberry liqueur, pineapple juice, and vodka. 
Wined Harma 

Coquilles Saint-Jacques
I have made this before, but only once. It was the first meal I made for my husband as a married couple. It wasn't a success, in fact, "Mr. Shop This" was very ill following dinner. Obviously I did something wrong. I think it is time to try these gratineed scallops again! You can find the shells HERE.
Saveur  


Rhubarb and Custard Crème Brûlée 
With the flavors of Summer, your guests will love cracking into the caramelized layer of this make ahead dessert. It calls for a kitchen torch, and I found one for less than $25 at Sur La Table. Get the pretty recipe at
Good Housekeeping UK 


Truffle Omelette
Special instructions for this over the top treat are "Store truffle and eggs in an airtight container for 1-2 days until ready to use. This allows the truffle fragrance to permeate the eggs." Enough said.
Gourmet Traveller 


Mixed Berry Almond Croissants
I remember my first French croissant. I thought that I died and went to heaven. This recipe is a mix between a croissant and beignet. They are best right out of the oven!
Half Baked Harvest 


Provencal Vegetable Tart
This recipe is so aesthetically impressive! It's made with eggplant, zucchini, and tomatoes. A great use of the Summer's bounty.
Food and Wine 


French Market Basket with Double Handles
Le tote. Hand woven and heavenly for Summer days at The Farmer's Market. It is oh so très chic.
Food52


Confit Salmon and Potato Salad With Lentils and Champagne Shallot Vinaigrette
Daniel Boulud's composed salad is at heart, actually simple and unfussy rustic fare.
Elle Decor 


Classic Chocolate Mousse
It's simple, sophisticated, and a specialty of mine. This is the recipe I have used for years, and it works every time. I just can't imagine anyone not liking this. Oh! I always add a bit of liquor....whatever I have on hand. Cointreau is extra good with it.
Saveur 


Moules A La Normande
One of my favorite dishes. I never thought of serving homemade fries on the side!
Gourmet Traveller


Perfect Croque Monsieur And Croque Madame
Americans would call this a Grilled Cheese Sandwich, but it is really much more. The Croque Madame has a fried egg on top. The recipe includes my favorite cheese, Gruyère, and a Béchamel Sauce. Not exactly Velveta.
Pudge Factor

Banana Tartes Tatin
This recipe is for my Sister, Carole, who never has a craving for dessert unless there are bananas involved! Don't be intimidated, it's made from frozen puff pastry.
 Bon Appétit  


Five Things That Will Make Your Kitchen More Parisian
It's the little things like French Finishing Salt and Butter Keepers that will have you cooking like Julia in no time.
Food52 

Artichokes Barigoule Au Pistou
Served with creamy Burrata and basil. So very French and a lovely appetizer. Get the Palermo Block Print Tablecloth at Serena and Lily and the recipe at

Tuna and Tomato Tart With Dijon Mustard
This tart features the taste of the Summer sun! It's topped with Herbs de Provence. Gorgeous!

Carrot and Poppyseed Cupcakes
This is such a pretty and interesting recipe. Lots of fresh ingredients and even a pinch of red chili pepper!
My French Kitchen  


Steak Tartar
Oh boy, do I love this dish! In fact many moons ago, I made about six pounds of it for a New Years Eve party we were hosting. Well, the biggest snow storm in years hit that day, and our big event turned into a party of four. Needless to say, this recipe also makes good burgers! You can get the Salt Plate HERE.  Recipe 
Williams-Sonoma 


French Spice
I can highly recommend Dean and Deluca's spice collection. When in NYC, I try to pick up some. This set of herbs is the foundation of seasoning French Cuisine.
Dean and Deluca 


Chicken Tagine With Olives And Preserved Lemons
This recipe wins the prize for good looks! It's a rich and fragrant chicken stew that is filled with complex flavors.
NY Times Cooking 


French Crepes Suzettes
Lucky me. I grew up on crepes, and my Mama knew nothing about French cooking. She just loved gadgets, and bought herself a crepe pan. This recipe is authentic with a Grand Marnier butter orange filling.
Dells Cooking Twist 


Vintage French Champagne Bucket
Made in France and therefore fancy! But their rustic look makes them perfect from the porch to the patio. Each one is unique and different. Cheers!
Food52

Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose 
My very favorite champagne, thanks to Sara and Gary. It's expensive but beyond fabulous. Worth every penny. Try it with burgers like I did one fun night in San Francisco.
Wine.com

Nicoise Salad with Sesame Seared Tuna
Is this not a pretty platter? The purple potatoes make this a standout recipe. It's one of my favorite things to eat. A must make for this Summer.
Heather Christo

Blackberry French 75
It's Soixante-Quinze if you are in France. This cocktail calls for four ingredients; gin, champagne, lemon juice, and sugar. Love the way Heather changes it up for Summer.
Heather Christo

Macaron 101 French Meringue
I so enjoyed this article and recipe. Even after reading it, I am not sure that I have the courage to take the plunge and try these.  If you do, this is a great place to start.
No So Humble Pie





~ You May Also Love ~ 



Recipes For A Chic Cookout

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.