"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Father's Day Edition

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Foodie Friday: Father's Day Edition


My Dad always loved Father's Day. He golfed with his sons-in-law, had a few cocktails, and gathered around the grill with the girls in his life. "Mr. Shop This" takes full advantage of the day, and eats everything on his no-no list.  I'll say it now, I promise to make him anything in this post on Sunday.  If Bacon is Dad's "thing," there is plenty of that. He'll love the Beer and Bacon Biscuits, Bourbon, Buttercream, and Bacon Cupcakes, or a Spicy Green Bloody Mary with Bacon, to go with it all. Scroll down to find your way to dear 'ol dads heart!


HERE: 22 Recipes For Dad

Fresh Strawberry Cobbler
It's his day. He can have dessert first! The author calls it Summer in a dish. My own Father would have loved this. I have a feeling that it might be the favorite of "Mr. Shop This," as well.
How Sweet Eats  

Sticky Barbecue Beef Short Ribs With Coleslaw and Soft Onion Rolls
Now this is Father's Day on a plate, don't you think? That sauce is boozy, too. It calls for bourbon. Yum!
Gourmet Traveller 

Brisket and Brie Melt
I don't eat sandwiches. Yet, all of the men in my life sure did (does) love them. This is a beauty! With just four ingredients, and an optional 5th, it is pretty easy to put together.
Bakers Royale

Spicy BLT Green Bloody Marys
Most men love a good Bloody Mary. But I wonder how many have ever tried a green one? It's made with green tomatoes, which I love. The ingredients are amazing and even include red wine vinegar. Start his morning with this and you have a guaranteed good day.
Heather Christo 

Beer and Bacon Biscuits
It's a holiday weekend, so who cares if Dad has beer for breakfast? The author describes this dish the best, "it’s THE hangover food, it’s carbs, and greasy bacon, and hair of the dog, all in one. It’s like a delicious magical hangover elixir, masquerading as brunch food."
The Beeroness  

Herbed Roast Chicken with Lemon, Garlic and Spring Onions
An elegant one pot meal that is nice enough for Sunday Supper.
Williams Sonoma 

Lemon Meringue Ice Cream Pie
A pretty bite that is as refreshing as it is attractive. Easy to make, too.
Taste Of Home

Tater Tot Breakfast Bowl
Serving Dad breakfast in bed? I bet he won't turn away this dish. The cheese sauce makes it over the top good.
I Am A Food Blog  

Truffled Mushroom Bacon Pepperoni Pizza
This is about the perfect pizza for Mr. Shop This. I am not even a pepperoni fan, but the addition of bacon and Truffle makes this recipe very interesting! Watch a video at
How Sweet It Is 

 Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Aren't these the cutest? Perfectly presented I might add. This will be an unexpected treat for Dad and the rest of your guests.
Adventures In Cooking

Surf and Turf: Steak and Lobster with Spicy Roasted Garlic Chimichurri Butter
Forget Dad, I'll take this, too! If you never had Chimichurri before, you owe your taste buds this tasty treat.
Half Baked Harvest  

Fresh Lime & Jalapeno Margarita
The perfect cocktail for the spicy guy!
Fed and Fit 

Hawaiian BBQ Salmon Burgers with Coconut Caramelized Pineapple
True story. On my first date with "Mr. Shop This." I ordered a Honolulu Burger. It was a burger with grilled pineapple. That fact peeked his interest. I wonder what would have happened had I ordered a salmon burger with pineapple? This recipe looks fabulous!
Half Baked Harvest 

Deep Dish Berry Pie Tart
I must admit that I find regular pie a wee bit boring. A deep dish pie is another story. Just look at all of the crust! It features cream cheese, which sounds delish!
Sprinklebakes  

Castello Summer of Blue — Chicken and Waffle Sliders with Blue Cheese and Bacon
Oh you guys. I looked high and low for the best sounding and looking recipe for chicken and waffles. This is it. I mean, how can Dad resist the Buffalo Sauce?
Honest Cooking 

Caprese Burrata Garlic Bread
If you haven't tried Burrata yet, you haven't had the best cheese of your life! This is a must make recipe for me this Summer. Dad will love it!
Half Baked Harvest  

Fresh Mint Cookies & Cream Shake
So the color doesn't quite look like a shamrock shake, but that means that there is no artificial colors or ingredients. This is the real thing. Ice cream loving Dads should love it!
How Sweet It Is 

Grilled New York Strip Steak with Tomatoes and Peppers
Besides the pretty presentation, a steak is a steak, right? Not this one. It's the sour cream, horseradish, lemon juice and cayenne sauce that takes it up a pungent notch. Yum!
Williams Sonoma 

BBQ Bourbon Bacon Spaghetti & Meatballs
Dads love comfort food. One might think that pasta is best enjoyed in the colder months. But if he loves Italian food, I bet that your guy would eat this any day of the year.
What Do You Crave

Sea Dogs
Don't be fooled by the bun, this is not a hot dog. It's better. The batter alone should be your go-to whenever you fry fish. I want one now.
Bon Appetit 

Bourbon, Buttercream, and Bacon Cupcakes
 Which dad wouldn't love something sweet, salty, and boozy?
Wonky Wonderful 

Grilled Peach Beer Sangria
Now Dad can have his beer and eat it too. Fruit tastes so much better grilled.
Crate and Barrel


~ You May Also Love ~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.