"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: When Life Gives You Lemons......

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Foodie Friday: When Life Gives You Lemons......


I swear, I could squeeze a lemon on anything.  Have you ever grilled or heated up a lemon? This is a must try. The heat renders more juice than you thought possible. My inspiration today comes from the lemons handed to someone special to me. I just want this person to know what tasty goodness can come from this sweet but sour fruit. Cheers to all of you out there who are having a difficult day.


 

21 Recipes & Cooks Tools To Make You Pucker Up! 


Lemon Sugar Crepes
I am pretty sure that I have featured this recipe before, but anything this pretty bears repeating. It's the perfect brunch dish!
Half Baked Harvest   


Blackberry Lemon Gin & Tonic
I have never had a flavored gin and tonic. This recipe looks as if it might hide the gin flavor. That would be a good thing for me!
The Stiers Aesthetic   


Roast Chicken with Rosemary, Lemon, and Honey
Well, I know which recipe will be the fave of "Mr. Shop This." I don't even like chicken but this is one beauty of a bird!
Bon Appetit


Spicy Lemon Shrimp Linguine
Doesn't this look fresh and yummy? Best of all, it only takes 20 minutes to prepare. Another must try.
Heather Christo 


Rockmelon Lemon & Gin Slushies
The perfect Summer afternoon cooler. Wondering what a"rockmelon" is? It's what Aussies call cantaloupe.
Gourmet Traveller  


Meyer Lemon Bars
I have never seen anyone turn down a lemon bar. Aren't they just the best? These probably are better that you have had before. Theat little Meyer lemon makes all of the difference.
Treats S.F.


Artichoke Pesto and Lemon Ricotta Crostini
This beats the old "go to" hot artichoke dip! I just made a crostini with ricotta. It makes a great spread. The lemon will brighten it up.
Heather Christo  


Lemon Meringue Pie
Perfection with billowy clouds of fluffy meringue, just like my Mom made. Beautiful!
Taste AU

Potted Meyer Lemon Tree
Why send flowers when you can send this? What a fabulous idea for a host or hostess gift.
 Williams Sonoma


Meyer Lemon Pizza
Perhaps the most unusual pizza you ever will eat, but it sounds divine to me. Remember what I said earlier about warming lemons? Add Mascarpone cheese, prosciutto, fresh spinach and nutmeg, and you have a delight for your taste buds!
How Sweet It is


Thyme and Lemon Oil
So clever and easy to do. Make your olive oil special enough for company with these recipes that are as easy as 1-2-3.
Marc Sievers 


Lemon Ricotta Thyme Pancakes With Blueberry Sauce
Lemons and blueberries are the perfect pairing. The ricotta will keep these chic little cakes light and fluffy. I am so making these!
Baked Bree   


Lavender Lemonade 
Sometimes simplicity is best. Here's an elegant treat for Summer guests. The lavender elevates this stylish staple. I bet a little vodka wouldn't hurt either.
One Kings Lane


Yogurt-Spiced Chicken and Preserved Lemon Skewers
I make skewered chicken frequently, but never thought about adding the lemon to the kabob. What a perfect idea!
Williams-Sonoma 


Lemon Lacquer Tray
Just what your lemonade needs on a warm sunny day. Now on sale at
Sur La Table   


Easy Lemon Cake
Ummmm, this may be the prettiest cake I ever saw...but easy? That frosting frightens me to death! Though the recipe does look easy for the cake itself. I want some right now! 
Bakers Royale 


Lemon & Blueberry Frozen Greek Yogurt Bites { Gluten Free }
A simple and quick snack that is perfect for the heat of Summer. Kids will love them, too!
Gluten Free With LB 


Frozen Lemon Ice Cream Cake
Isn't this special looking? The recipe is actually not difficult at all, and calls for frozen lemon sorbet and vanilla ice cream - store bought. We can do this!
Yummily



I thought you would enjoy these easy tips!
Pure Wow  


Rimming Sugar
Make your next boozy lemonade extra special by filling the glass with fruit and rimming it with this sparkling sugar. Fun!
Del Cove Spices at Etsy


Love & Lemons Cookbook
A delightful cookbook that gets rave reviews from the likes of Oprah, Camille Styles and more!
Amazon



(By the way you can find the above Jonathan Adler Acrylic Tray HERE

~ You May Also Love ~ 



Foodie Friday: It's Strawberry Season ~ 18 Sweet & Savory Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.