"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Italy On My Mind

Friday, August 26, 2016

Foodie Friday: Italy On My Mind


Following the devastating earthquake this week in and near Umbria, Italy, it is hard not to have Italy on our minds. Besides praying for the Italians who are suffering, lets honor the country and its' delicious cuisine.  


HERE: Twenty Terrific Recipes

Italian Turkey and Tomato Basil Eggplant Roll Pasta Bake
This is a show stopping dish that is not too hard to prepare. Right now is a beautiful time to cook with eggplants. This dish becomes lighter with the turkey if you use lean turkey breast. 

Caprese Salad With Peaches
Celebrate peach season with this delightfully different Caprese Recipe. 
Huffington Post  

Grilled Tomato, Fig and Prosciutto Pizza
Figs and Prosciutto go together like a beer and a hot dog. If I have one, I want the other. This pizza is beyond gorgeous. I want some now!
Half Baked Harvest

Do yourself a favor and look at the Petite Pizzaria at Sur La Table. We absolutely love ours! Save 20% on 1 item and get Free Shipping with Code: FALL2016 

Blackberry, Pistachio And Rose Semifreddo
A semifreddo is a frozen Italian dessert like ice cream but the texture is richer and creamier...much like a mousse. In Chicago, the best I have had is at Spiaggia. This one just may be it though.
Sugar Et Al

Creamy Avocado and Gouda Cheese Pasta
Doesn't this just look fresh and kind of healthy? Besides that, it is also super fast to prepare...10 minute prep time and 10 minutes cook time.  Get cooking!
Half Baked Harvest

Burrata Roasted Asparagus and Tomato Salad
I am with the author of this recipe. I like pretty things. This salad is one of those. If you haven't had the opportunity to try Burrata yet, you owe it to yourself. It's my new favorite cheese. This would be fun served on a platter for a crowd.

Tiramisu Cake
Change up the way you think about the traditional Italian Dessert. This looks even better to me!

Fresh Pasta with Prawns and Lemon Oil
This recipe is all about Sicilian simplicity. It creates a quick meal for any night of the week.

Paleo Eggplant Lasagna Roll Ups
A recipe for my good friend, Sharon. It really is the perfect summer dish to make for everyone. All of the ingredients are in season now. Let's make it, Sharon!
Heather Christo 

Italian Ice
It's not to late to indulge. The colors are swoon worthy! With just four ingredients (one of them is ice), we can all make this!
Food52

P.S. Etsy has some fun Paper Ice Cream Cups. Click HERE

Cioppino
Oh my goodness! Back in the day, and before I started counting carbs, this is what I ordered at Chicago's Bice restaurant. One of my favorite Italian dishes.
A Spicy Perspective 

The Original Fettuccine Alfredo
A confession....I don't eat pasta. Really it is just because of the high carb count. I do like it. That being said, I will always make an exception for this dish.  It is simple, decadent and only has 3 ingredients. The best!
Saveur 

SFOGLIATELLE
A revered Italian pastry. If you can pronounce it, you can make it! Spoiler alert, the directions include a splash of Amaretto. Yes, Please!
Gourmet Traveller  

Mac + Cheese Stuffed Brown Sugar Balsamic Portobellos
This one is for Mac + Cheese fans all over the world. Just when you thought you couldn't make it taste any better......
How Sweet It Is  

Padron Pepper Margarita Pizza
{ Gluten Free }
Even if you don't have a gluten problem, you must admit that this is one pretty pizza!
Bonjon Gourmet

Pasta with Kale-Almond Pesto and Salmon
Making pesto at least once a week is a must for me. You can do so much with it, and make it with a variety of greens...like kale! This was an unexpected combination, which looks fabulous!
Sugar Et Al  

Roasted Cauliflower White Pizza Dip
I mean....how can we not try this?
Half Baked Harvest 

These Cast Iron Mini Servers are perfect for this dip! See them at Sur La Table

 Red Wine + Goat Cheese Risotto With Caramelized Mushrooms
If I had to paint a picture of my perfect risotto, this would be it. Wow!
How Sweet Eats

Zucchini and Corn Ricotta Gnudi
Here's what you do with all of that yummy last of Summer fresh corn and zucchini! I have never had "gnudi" before, have you? I read that they are "heavenly pillows of cheese heaven."This recipe just sounds ooey gooey....delish!
Honestly Yum 

Eggplant Parmesan Hand Pies
{ Gluten Free }
Aren't these just so cute? These little tarts are a bundle of portable deliciousness.
Bonjon Gourmet

Affogato
Impressive, right? This dish is really just Gelato drowned in Espresso. The recipe couldn't be easier and will take your after dinner coffee to another level!
Eataly 

Mangia!

Sur La Table Healthy Cooking_300x250

~ You May Also Love ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.