"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Cake & Champagne Recipes & More

Friday, April 1, 2016

Foodie Friday: Cake & Champagne Recipes & More

(Via CB2)

Cake and Champagne. Two of my favorite things, and they go so well together. Today is my birthday, and that's no April Fool'n. So naturally I want both - cake and champagne! I am like Kate Spade New York, and would love to eat cake for breakfast, if given the chance. Nothing says let's celebrate like a glass of bubbly. So cheers to me and birthday girls (and guys) all over the world.  

LeCreuset.com!

HERE:  17 Birthday Girl Approved Cakes & Cocktails

Ron-Ben Israel Design
I saw this blooming cake at Instyle, and it took my breath away. Mr. Ben-Israel is said to be the "Manolo Blahnik" of cakes. Ms. Shop This has visited his bakery/studio, and reported that it was a magical place! So if I could order my birthday cake, this would be the one!  
Ron - Ben Israel Design

Cotton Candy Champagne Cocktail
Oh how fun! When you dip the cotton candy into the champagne, the cocktail turns pink!
Kirbie's Kravings  

Deep Dark and Rosy, Red Velvet Cupcakes
I cannot resist a pretty presentation. But these roses are more than props. The recipe calls for actual Rose Water! You can find that at Amazon. The recipe at
Half Baked Harvest 

Strawberry, Sorbet, Vodka + Champagne Cocktail
I'm not much of a vodka drinker unless it is disguised in a yummy drink like this. The ingredients add up to something pretty fabulous!
Brit + Co.  

Chocolate Cake With Fluffy Marshmallow Frosting
This recipe has a "sweetness" rating of high, making it my kind of cake. That frosting looks fabulous!
Mamiverse  

Marasca Fizz
From Country Restaurant in NYC, this pretty aperitif is made with cherry liqueur and brown sugar cubes. Delightful!
Food and Wine 

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cake
My Mother made Peanut Butter Balls for every Holiday. They were beyond delicious and addictive.  Well, this recipe begins with those. Enough said.
The Cake Blog  

Champagne & Rock Candy Swizzle Sticks
If you are like me, you don't love the idea of diluting champagne with juice. I do, however, love a fancy looking drink. This is so easy to achieve with these sweet sticks. You can find the Candy Sticks at Target
Brklyn View Blog  

Caramel Italian Cream Cake
Another cake that my Mom made all of the time.  It was absolutely delicious, right, Mr. Shop This? Here is a recipe that takes it up a notch with caramel frosting.

Champagne-And-Orange Granita Cocktail
Made with St. Germain. Need I say more?

Chocolate Coffee Ice Cream Cake
Even if you are not a coffee drinker, I think you will find this ice cream concoction irresistible. The bottom layer of the cakes is actually brownies!

Champagne Chantilly Shooters
Made with heavy cream, these make a special dessert.

 Chocolate Butterscotch Mousse Cake
It almost doesn't matter what the whole cake looks like when the inside cuts like this! A frosting lover (like me) dream cake.
Bakers Royale  

Billecart - Salmon
If you want to impress a birthday girl, client, or good friend, gift or serve them Billecart. This French sparkling rose wine is elegant with lots of fine bubbles. I became acquainted with it by my dear friend, Sara. Oh how we have celebrated life's special occasions with a bottle or two! 
Wine.com  

Thomas Keller's Coconut Cake
Thick Italian meringue is sandwiched between layers of very moist white cake. This recipe is for my cake loving friend, Jane!
Saveur 

Limoncello Mint Champagne Cocktail
Just when I thought champagne couldn't get any better! Mixed with homemade lemon liqueur, and fresh mint, this is one refreshing drink.
Celebrations    

Lemon Sunshine Cake
The best Lemon layer cake I have ever had was at Del Frisco's in Chicago. The meal was not good but this complimentary cake was to die for. It didn't look as pretty as this, though. That ombre frosting is beyond!
The Simple Sweet Life  

YES! Me, too.
Kate Spade New York
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 



* The fabulous cake stand in the first image is so reasonably priced, you might want more than one! 
CB2

~ You May Also Love ~




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.