"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Celebrate Oktoberfest At Home. Recipes & More

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Foodie Friday: Celebrate Oktoberfest At Home. Recipes & More


Oktoberfest is in full swing and traditionally ends the first weekend of October. It's a fun fest filled with hearty food and plenty of beer. You don't have to travel far to celebrate German style.  Go ahead pour a cool one and schnitzel some veal. I've found all the recipes & cooks tools you need for October's best food fest. Lederhosen optional.


HERE: 18 Fab Finds & Recipes


Spinach, Artichoke + Bacon Stuffed Pretzels
Oh you guys! Think of this recipe as taking your famous spinach or warm artichoke dip up 1,000 notches. Pour me a beer!
Half Baked Harvest


Everyday IPA Beer Making Kit
A DIY beer making kit that hales from Brooklyn. A wonderful gift for the hop head in your life.
Dean and DeLuca


Oktoberfest Pork Shank Recipe
I have to say that I love pork, almost any way you serve it, but I have never made a whole Pork Shank. This recipe is the real deal coming from Chef Thomas Ferlesch of Pilsener Haus restaurant.
Food Republic


Wine Enthusiast Steady Temp Beer Glass
A savvy solution for keeping ice cold beer cold! This set of four double wall mouth-blown glasses makes a compelling presentation.
Saks Fifth Avenue


Beer Cheese Soup
Beer cheese soup has made it’s way onto Oktoberfest menus all over the word. There's no better way to serve any kind of soup than in a bread bowl. Get the recipe at
German Pancake With Lemon and Sugar
Oven baked and sure to be enjoyed by all. Place it in the middle of the table for a bit of drama.
Gourmet Traveller


Pork Burgers with Sauerkraut and Gruyère
Said to be a cross between a Patty Melt and a Reuben. For you bread lovers, take a look at that Marble Rye!
Fine Cooking


Beer and Pretzel Caramels
Made of crunchy chunks of salty Martin’s pretzels, sugar, salt, alcohol, heavy cream and more. What's not to like? Bowls of these tasty tidbits will be happily devoured at any Fall party.
Food52


Veal Schnitzels With Burnt Caper Butter
Did you realize that there really is something called "Veal Leg Schnitzel?" This recipe calls for 8 of them. I have to say, besides a German Chocolate Cake, Veal Schnitzel gets my vote for the best German dish.
Gourmet Traveller


 Mama's German Chocolate Cake Recipe
Yep, my Mama's cake looked like this, and so does mine. In looking for the best recipe to share, I saw so many without frosting on the sides. For me, the reason to eat cake IS the frosting! This recipe is the real deal.
My Recipes


Set A Layered Table
Now this table is Fall Fete fabulous! "A balance of warm and cool hues enlivens the table, which is grounded in earthy materials such as wood and natural fibers." Shop the look at 
One Kings Lane


Sausage, Sourdough, And Bell Pepper Spiedini
October afternoons are perfect for preparing this stylish salad on a stick.
Bon Appetit


Black Forest Gateau
I remember my local bakery making a Black Forest Cake when I was a child. It wasn't as beautiful as this, but it was good and laden with whipped cream. This recipe is said to be dense with chocolate and Kirsch Liquor, one of my favorites.
Butter and Brioche


Skillet Beef and Ale Pie
Comfort food at its' best!  This one pan dish will feed you for days.
The Kitchn


Apple Kuchen With Hot Cream Sauce
From Thomas Keller's French Laundry Cookbook. Enough said. I am sure it will not dissappoint.
Tartine and Apron Strings


Cheesehead Brats
Apologies to my Wisconsin friends, but I didn't name this recipe. Inspired by Green Bay Packers fans, these brats are perfectly prepared with beer, onions, sauerkraut. Grilling the bun is essential!
Fine Cooking


Mangalitsa Bratwurst Trio 
A good meal starts with a quality product. These not so pretty sausages are sure to be better than those wrapped in plastic at your grocery store. What a lovely gift for any meat lover!
Dean and DeLuca


Boozy Biscoff Beer Float
I don't know about the beer and ice cream combo thing. It sure looks good, but really? Then I read that it is made with Chocolate Porter Beer and Biscoff Spread. The spread is actually a "cookie butter." I think I am open to giving it a try. What about you?
Bakers Royale

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


~ You May Also Enjoy ~



Foodie Friday: Apples To Apples. Recipes & Cook's Tools



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.