"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Turkey Dinner With A Twist

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Foodie Friday: Turkey Dinner With A Twist



When it comes to Thanksgiving dinner, I am certainly NOT a purist.. In fact every year, I try to change things up a bit. Nor am I one to really follow a recipe. Instead I like to read two or three recipes for the same dish, and combine the best ideas and ingredients. For me cooking is about being creative. I have gathered together some interesting recipes that will make you think outside the pie crust. It's not too early to plan your menu, get inspired and get cook'n.

 19 Tempting Thanksgiving Treats


Sip. Savor. Repeat. Shop the NEW Wine & Cheese Collection from Le Creuset!



Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Breast Stuffed with Pear Hash
I have wrapped turkey in bacon for the last couple of years. it adds a terrific taste and element of texture to the bird.  I find a turkey breast, or several of them, or so much easier to deal with in the kitchen. And doesn't that hash sound good?


Boozy Cranberry Sauce 
I can not eat the turkey without the cranberry. My Mama always made her own, so I do as well. With a good dose of port wine, this recipe is for the grown-ups!


Daniel Boulud Stuffed Pumpkin
Anything Chef Boulud creates must be good. Love the pumpkin presentation.


Caramelized Shallot and Sage Mashed Potatoes
I have made a version of this recipe and the potatoes were truly fabulous. The layers of flavors was so very interesting. YUM!


Shaved Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad
If you wouldn't think of serving a meal without a salad, this recipe is so very seasonal.  Bacon, Meyer Lemon, and Tart Dried Cherries round it out. Sounds like a bit of trouble, but probably very worth it. 


Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
Everyone expects pie on Thanksgiving, but I like to have an element of surprise, too. This recipe is made with chocolate ganache and pumpkin whipped cream. Looks like a slice of heaven to me.


Pomegranate Rosemary Roasted Turkey 
This beautiful recipe starts off as I have for years, massaging compound butter under the skin. So I know the turkey will be moist and flavorful. The pomegranate glaze will make this one pretty bird! 
Huffington Post


Warm Fennel-and-Parmesan Dip
I don't think there is a need for a huge amount of appetizers, but one or two are nice with cocktails. This dish makes me want to dig in!
Martha Stewart


Challah, Mushroom, and Celery Stuffing
I like a stuffing that is stuffed with many flavors and ingredients. For me, the more the merrier. But if your tastes are more simple, this recipe looks perfect.
Food 52


Marbled Pumpkin Tart 
(Grain-Free and Vegan)
A crust of pecans, almonds, coconut oil and maple syrup sounds delightful enough, but add a hit of salt, and the crust has a crack-like addictiveness. Ginger and cinnamon add warmth. Isn't it pretty?
Bon Jon Gourmet


Roasted Brussel Sprouts
In our home, the Brussel Sprouts are just as important as the turkey. And after dinner is long over, one of us can be found sneaking into the fridge for a cold leftover sprout. This recipe combines Bacon, Pecans and Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette. It is addictive!
Serious Eats


Vegetable Arty Tart
Made with courgettes, carrots and aubergines, this beautiful creation takes alot of work, but in the end it will impress!
Stasty


Roasted Cauliflower 
Cumin and Pomegranate give the cauliflower depth and color. Just a beauty of a dish!


Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Bacon-Sesame Brittle
Okay, there would be mutiny in my household if I didn't do the standard (but delicious) candied sweets with marshmallow topping. But....this recipe just sounds so sophisticated to me. Worth trying!
Pecan Crusted, Salted, Spiced Caramel Pumpkin Pie {Gluten-Free}
This year, I need to cook a few gluten-free dishes. And it is my pleasure to make sure each guest can enjoy their meal. Who wouldn't love a pecan crust? I can only imagine what happens when the salty caramel joins up with the pumpkin! A Must try.
Cooking On The Weekends


Healthy Potato Gratin with Herbs
Inspired by a potato gratin at Restaurant Daniel in New York City, this potato dish is creamless but creamy. Almost too pretty to eat.
Food and Wine


Sweet Potato-Coconut Casserole
Whether you think marshmallows are mandatory or monstrous, this recipe adds lime and coconut. I may be down with this dish! What say you family?
Martha Stewart


Edamame Hummus
Turn the everyday dip into the unexpected by changing up one ingredient. The presentation here really elevates this appetizer.
Martha Stewart


Caramel Pumpkin Pots de Crème
I had to include this beautiful recipe that was included last month in Pumpkin, Spice and Everything Nice. It makes an elegant but simple dessert.
Bakers Royale




~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

You May Also Enjoy



 Fabulous Fall Appetizer and Drinks 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.