"" Shop This: What's Cook'n, Good Look'n?

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What's Cook'n, Good Look'n?


There's plenty cooking in my kitchen, 
but the tools I use are not looking good. I need a kitchen equipment makeover.  How about you? Here, are some pretty pieces that will
look as good as the food you prepare.


High on my "Want List" is the Demeyere Cookware - John Pawson series. To me,
it is sculpture for your kitchen.

I have been looking for a different tea pot 
for quite awhile. Staub's square style 
intrigues me. On sale at


I don't display much on my granite countertops,
but Michael Aram's "Black Orchid" Canisters
would hold center stage. How lovely!


Though not especially attractive, just think of the chic cakes you can create with this
Layer Cake Slicing Set.  I want!

Sushi is served infrequently in my kitchen.
But when I have a yen for it...I would adore
Alessi's Lily Pond Sushi Set!



They say every kitchen should have a 
touch of red. Bodum's Bistro Toaster
adds a modern dose of color.



How fun! A Set of Three Appetizer Arches. 
A very chic way to serve your fave flavor.
The Lunares Pint of Ice Cream Holder


Another tea pot that tickles my fancy.
Stelton's Potter Tea Pot

I'll leave you today with a fabulous recipe that
looks sensational for Spring


Braised Artichokes in Lemon and White Wine
Created for the Le Creuset's 


Ingredients:


3 lemons
8 large artichokes
1 medium yellow onion, peeled
2 small leeks, tops trimmed and green outer leaves discarded
2 celery stalks, trimmed
2 small carrots, peeled
3 slices pancetta, thick-cut and diced
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 bay leaf
4 sprigs fresh thyme
4 sprigs fresh tarragon
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 3/4 cup dry white wine

Directions:

Combine the juice of 2 1/2 of the lemons and 2 quarts of water in a large bowl. Trim each artichoke, removing the stem, leaves and choke. Set the trimmed artichokes in the lemon water.

Cut the onion lengthwise, and thinly slice. Quarter the leeks and cut them into 2-inch strips. Thinly slice the celery and carrots.

Render the pancetta for 2 - 3 minutes over medium heat in the braiser. Add 1/4 cup oil and sliced vegetables to the braiser. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 20 minutes until tender but not browned. Add the garlic and reserved half lemon and cook 1 minute longer.

Drain the artichokes and add them to the pot. Season with a little more salt and pepper and enough extra virgin olive oil to coat the artichokes, the bay leaf and the herbs. Pour in the wine and add enough water to cover the artichokes. Bring to a simmer; partially cover the pot, reduce the heat, and gently simmer for about 30 minutes.

Allow the artichokes to cool slowly in the braising liquid. Sprinkle with parsley and squeeze lemon juice over the top 
before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.