"" Shop This: Foodie Friday: Holiday Baking & Gifts For Bakers

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Foodie Friday: Holiday Baking & Gifts For Bakers


The Holidays are here, and I have baking on my mind. The month of December takes me back to my childhood when my Mother had those wonderful tins filled with cookies like above The rum balls (we call them truffles now) seven layer bars, and every sinful treat you could think of were the magic of Christmas! My mind also goes to my two loves, "Mr. and Ms. Shop This," who both have December birthdays. So there are two special cakes to be made in my future. Time to get baking! Enjoy these yummy recipes and great gifts for bakers.

http://www.nambe.com/


Grapefruit And Coconut Cream Cheese Cake
{Gluten Free and Refined Sugar Free}
What a beautiful cake, and so different, too! Miss Shop This, what do you think, birthday worthy?
Tasse D'amour

Beautiful Briny Sea Sugar
Any baker worth their salt would just love experimenting with these special sugars. Choose from three fabulous flavors. An online exclusive at
Anthropologie

Colorful 3 D Christmas Tree Cookies
Oh Christmas Tree! What a fun project for the entire family. It isn't as hard as it looks. made from a perfect sugar cookie recipe. 
She Knows

Marble Pastry Board & Rolling Pin
The cool surface of the marble, keeps dough from sticking. Both pieces make beautiful bakers gifts alone or paired together.
Sur La Table

Lemon Coconut Cake
Ahhh, memories! My Mom made coconut cake twice a year, at Christmas and at Easter. They were my favorites, and this cake looks so much like hers. It's a simple classic cake that is so delicious.
Southern Living

Vegan Coconut Truffles
Said to be "insanely delicious," these candies are as pretty as can be. What a beautiful bite to have at the end of a meal or with your afternoon tea.
Heather Christo


Copper, Brass, and Enamel Louise Bowls
The baker will love whipping egg whites in these beautiful bowls. In fact they are so good looking, they most likely never put them away. 
Food52

Caramel Pecan Bars
One of my favorite things is pecan pie, so these bars are right up my alley. What a nice treat.
Food and Wine

Walnut Cake Stand
I loved the sleek and classic look of this handcrafted walnut and corian stand. It is sturdy enough to hold as many layers as the baker wants to bake.
Food52


Mocha Coconut Fudge
I make fudge as gifts every Christmas. Mine is delish, if I say so myself, but I plan on changing things up this year and try this recipe.
How Sweet Eats


KitchenAid Artisan Series
The gold  (well, copper) standard in stand mixers! It is a dream gift for any baker. Now on Sale at
Macy's

Save an Extra 10% With Code: FRIEND During Macy's Friends & Family Sale

Eggnog Scented Sugar Cookies With Vanilla Icing
Aren't these so fun? Christmas cookies are suppose to look like this. The recipe had me with the words "eggnog scented." Yum!
Half Baked Harvest


Nordic Heirloom Cookie Stamp Set
These are just beautiful! A cookie baker must have.
Sur La Table

 Espresso Marshmallows
Oh My!  All we need is a roaring fire, a sheepskin rug, some brandy and these marshmallows! Well, maybe some hot cocoa, too.
Gourmet Traveller

Chocolate Peppermint Holiday Cake
What a stunning addition to any dessert table. This recipe takes the cake! The peppermint decorations are meringue kisses. Sweet.
The Kitchen McCabe

Red Velvet Cream Cheese Cookies
This recipe is said to be very easy, so do get the kiddies involved in smooshing the centers with their thumbprints.
Foodie Crush

MacKenzie-Childs Cookie Jar
Treats will keep fresh and look fabulous in this glass jar with a hand-painted lid. Nicely priced!
Neiman Marcus

Layered Peppermint Cheesecake
 Sour Cream Cake Layers, Peppermint Cheesecake and White Chocolate Mousse Frosting: pure decadence! 
My Recipes

Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
A blissful combination of chocolate and mint with a little ganache thrown in for marvelous measure.
My Baking Addiction


Baking Basics Set
Food is love. That's my motto, and this gift is for the baker who loves to prepare baked goods. It's a collection of fun finds, that anyone would love.
Dean and DeLuca

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 




~ You May Also Enjoy ~




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.