"" Shop This: All Eyes On New York! Spring 2015 NYFW

Sunday, September 7, 2014

All Eyes On New York! Spring 2015 NYFW



The hardest ticket to get this week is not a front row seat on Broadway, but a front row seat on any runway at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week 2014!  The designers are showcasing what you and I will be wearing for Spring 2015. You can see a Live Stream of the shows HERE . The excitement began on September 4th and will continue through September 11th. It is all very exciting. And though I really have liked much of what has been shown........

Here: My Five Fave Fashion Collections So Far

NewYork.com - Your Source for Hotels!


Altuzarra




I simply was in awe of the feminine and a bit provocative vibe of this collection. It was both soft and strong at the same time. The striped collection is fun, edgy and modern. There were slits, unbuttoned necklines and lattice leather.  Divine!

To see his Fall 2014 collection for the modern woman, click over to Barney's New York

And for us mere mortals, click over to Target (and scroll down)  to see a preview of his exclusive Collection for Target that will debut ons September 14th.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Christian Siriano




I fell in love with this quirky designer on Project Runway when he won season 4. He certainly was the most entertaining contestant.  I loved the clean and modern approach he took for Spring. The white collection was fabulously fringed, feathered, sheer and chicly cropped. But are they really doing cropped again next Spring? I have had enough of that.  

And though we can't get our hands on these designs yet, you can see what he is showing for Fall 2014 at Neiman Marcus. The gowns and dresses are unique and ever so feminine. But my favorite piece is the Zigzag Cape.

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Monique Lhuillier




Some of the most beautiful gowns on any red carpet for any event are designed by Ms. Lhuillier. So of course, we come to expect gorgeous evening wear, and she did not disappoint. But I was surprised (and thrilled) with the focus on daywear for Spring. These less formal pieces were no less elegant or special than her gowns. Luxe and lush fabrics simply glistened down the runway.  I have read that she used a recent visit to Harbour Island in the Bahamas as inspiration. it was evident in a sea of sunset soft shades.

Shopbop always has a nice selection of her beautiful gowns, dresses, and accessories.
Shop Bop

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Rebecca Taylor



To date, this is my favorite collection. I rarely wear a pastel color, but I would wear hers.  In fact, I think Rebecca's collection is the MOST wearable of all so far.  I loved how she paired classic outerwear pieces , with asymmetrical hems and sassy silhouettes. She showed a little bit of everything for every woman. Loved the wide leg pants, too!

You can view her easy to wear, pair with anything pieces at Nordstrom's. You will find her Fall 2014 collection more affordable than it looks. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Prabal Gurung






Prabal Gurung is a master of textures, and I love his application of color. It's not quite color blocking...more like color blending. Most of all,  this season was fresh, exciting and unabashedly bold and modern. My favorite looks were those pant suits! And aren't this booties killer good?

See what this ambitious designer showed for Fall 2014 at Barneys.  I think you might agree the newest Spring styles surpass his current edition.
Barney's New York

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Stay Tuned For More Fashion Faves From #NYFW
 Later This Week. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.