"" Shop This: Foodie Friday ~ 16 Berry Delicious Recipes

Friday, May 30, 2014

Foodie Friday ~ 16 Berry Delicious Recipes



I must admit, I am not a fruit person. It's not that I don't like the flavor, there is a little something about the texture of fruit.  But this exercise in researching recipes has now made me a believer.  Berries certainly are gorgeous, aren't they?  Not to mention the health benefits, especially of the blueberry.  I noticed at the market, the prices have finally come down. They are coming in season, and it is time to be thinking in color for your Summer menus.




Mixed Berry Gazpacho with Basil
I have yet to meet a gazpacho that I didn't love, and this looks like no exception. The touch of basil really will transform this dish.


Blackberry Brie Bites
Impressive little appetizer with only four ingredients and 30 minutes to create.
Inside Bru Crew Life


Beach Towel
Oh, Cabana Boy! I'll have one of these! Isn't it pretty?
Saveur


Berry Cream Tart
Sweet cream cheese and berries - a perfect combination.


Melon, Berry and Feta Salad
Jenn Louis uses whatever melon looks best at the market, and she sometimes swaps out the feta for ricotta salata, or the chives for mint.


Strawberries and Cream Cake
I feel as if my Grandmother made this cake. Surely it wasn't quite as fancy. Made with homemade strawberry jam filling, it has to be moist.
Southern Living


Grilled Blackberry, Strawberry, Basil and Brie Pizza Crisps
Love the thought of these as an appetizer for your next cookout or barbecue.
Half Baked Harvest


Red Fruits Milkshake
Four Seasons Hotel George V 
Leave it to the French to know how to make a beautiful Milkshake. I'd fly to Paris for this one!
Taste Four Seasons


Grilled Chicken With Blackberry 
Sweet + Sour Sauce
The listing of cognac in this recipe sold me immediately. This looks and sounds like a company worthy dish. See a video at
Steamy Kitchen


Chocolate Pavlova With Berries 
This recipe is so much easier than it looks. Only 20 minutes of real action time to the preparation. 
Gourmet


Spring Salad with Mixed Berries, Candied Almonds And Honey Citrus Vinaigrette
What a gorgeous and healthy looking salad!
Five Heart Home


Blackberry Mint Lime Fruit Leather
Remember Fruit Roll Ups?  A snack that grown up and kids alike will love.
In Sock Monkey Slippers (really?)


Berry Wonton Cups with 
Almond Butter and Nutella
This recipe is featured because I have never tried Nutella. Certainly, I must be the only person on this planet that hasn't. A very clever recipe that is super easy to assemble and prepare.
Driscolls


Cocktail Cubes
What a clever and pretty idea. I think these would make any drink better. Perfect for champagne!
House and Home


Blackberry Cobbler Mugs
The thought of blending the sweetness of blackberries with a buttermilk biscuit is very appealing.  Cook and serve in the same heat proof mugs.
Sprinkle Bakes


Red Berry Shrub
The recipe is for a "virgin" cocktail, but I bet that vodka or rum would be delicious additions. 
Food and Wine



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome a friendly comment! Your feedback is important to me.